*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/398276-Band-aids-Anyone
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #1044927
Humor, in blog format (you know you wanna rate this...)
#398276 added January 15, 2006 at 3:26pm
Restrictions: None
Band-aids, Anyone?
I cut myself shaving this morning. Slipping and sliding on wet linoleum, I made my way to the medicine cabinet to grab a bandaid.

For some reason, my attention was drawn to the printing on the box.

Below the BAND-AID logo, printed in small letters, was the word "sterile."

Is this really necessary? Do we need to be reassured that these blood-stopping, self-sticking gauze pads are, in fact, sterile? Because personally, I just assumed that that was a given characteristic of the product. What's the point of covering a wound if you're going to seal it with a germ-infested barrier?

Do you think you can buy unsterile BAND-AIDS? Would anyone, looking at both varieties, actually nod and say to themselves,

"Unsterile bandages. Hmmm. These'll be perfect for the kids."

Then again, there are those among men who would buy such an item. These are the same people that get their underwear from the Salvation Army.


© Copyright 2006 meg71186 (UN: meg71186 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
meg71186 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/398276-Band-aids-Anyone