*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS

Writing Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/399691-Quiet-Sunday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #940786
What's on my mind....
#399691 added January 17, 2006 at 9:18pm
Restrictions: None
Quiet Sunday
Today was quiet and slow.

It was cool out, but not as cold or anywhere near as windy as it was yesterday. We were practically blowing like wet wash on a clothesline as we made our way through the Sam's Club parking lot.

The winters here in Georgia are fairly mild in comparison to the winters in my native Michigan. Aside from the absence of extreme cold and snow, I also enjoy the fact that it stays somewhat green here in winter. Like the rest of the year here, we also get a lot of sun in winter. That does a lot of good for my disposition. Georgia is pretty country. I wish so much of the undeveloped land wasn't being forfeited to build so many cookie cutter housing developments.

The farthest I went today was Walmart. That is also the farthest I've thought. I spent the day writing, mostly editing. I did stop to cook dinner. Later, my husband and I, while looking for some pictures that we took in Savannah last year for his sister, took a trip down memory lane. It was so much fun going through photographs of our sons, ourselves, and our families, seeing how much we've changed and visiting with those who have since passed on. It's nice that we have the technology to capture some of the chunks of time that silently slip away from us.

Well, I don't have anything much to say about anything tonight, so I guess I'll sign off here.

© Copyright 2006 thea marie (UN: dmariemason at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
thea marie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/399691-Quiet-Sunday