*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/403200-A-lot-of-things-to-say
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #933561
I have a few things to say and I am gonna say them here ...
#403200 added January 30, 2006 at 7:15am
Restrictions: None
A lot of things to say
Yes, there are so many things to say, but I have been just delaying saying them.

About ten days ago, our school organised a re-union of all past and present students at a local entertainment hall. The organisation was wanting and done quite haphazardly. Not even 5% of old boys were contacted. I received a phone call to purchase one of the high denomination tickets just seven days before the D-day. There was no time to meet friends or associates to canvass for advertisements.

There was a musical extravaganza that was totally out of place as it was mostly in the dark, with friends sitting apart in their allocated chairs and not at a common table as they should have been. No food and no buffet either. Forget that, not even a small memento of the school for those who attended. This was the tragedy. They just wanted our money, but were unwilling to make us connect with our past in any way.

The second re-union I went to was the start of the 80th year of my medical school and hospital. What a contrast! We paid half of what we did for the school re-union, and got nearly ten times as much in return!

There was an orchestra, but we all got to move around in a huge hall, there was food, there was a bag that had an old college magazine, a souvenir and some other goodies as well. And it was the most enjoyable camaraderie that made it value for money. I met so many of my teachers, seniors, peers, juniors, and so on, that regardless of anything else, just that alone was worth the entry ticket cost.

On WDC, I started the second round of the India Quiz. It was very easy, and yet, to date, there has been just the one participant.

My daughter has purchased entry into a mock examination that will show her just how the final examinations are going to be like. On the first day, she has already come back with a lost hall ticket, her photograph embossed ticket that will actually allow her to join and give the exam!

That's all for now.

© Copyright 2006 Dr Taher writes again! (UN: drtaher at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dr Taher writes again! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/403200-A-lot-of-things-to-say