*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS

Writing Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/408090-Who-Gives-a-Rip
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #940786
What's on my mind....
#408090 added February 20, 2006 at 3:31pm
Restrictions: None
Who Gives a Rip?
I've been home all day today in observance of President's Day. Watching the news this morning and at noon, trolling the internet in between, I keep running up on notices that the history making Powerball winner has yet to reveal him or herself, like that's some big deal.

First of all, since it wasn't me- or my husband, I don't care who won.

Secondly, if it was me, I'd be too busy picking myself up off the floor and then trying to research a financial advisor who I could possibly trust to not rip me off and to give me solid advice for the astronomical amount of money I'm going to have to manage, even after taxes, that I'd be holding off on giving myself up, too.

Thirdly, knowing how many long-lost relatives and friends are going to crawl out of the woodworks, not to mention the heretofore unknown leeches who are waiting in the wings for me to make myself known to them, I'd be keeping my head low just like the person who won probably is at the moment.

I sit here thinking of all the things I could do if it had been me, all the places I could go, all the bills I could get rid of. But since it wasn't me- or my husband, I don't care.

But now if it does turn out to be a close relative or a good friend, I guess I'll have to just ease on up out of these woodworks, and....

Or if it works out that it was my husband, and he didn't tell me, I'm telling you: watch the news, troll the internet; you will be finding out who we are.


© Copyright 2006 thea marie (UN: dmariemason at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
thea marie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/408090-Who-Gives-a-Rip