*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/425767-Mothers-Day-Weekend
Rated: ASR · Book · Entertainment · #977405
Entries for Blog City are here and maybe other surprises.
#425767 added May 14, 2006 at 12:36am
Restrictions: None
Mother's Day Weekend
My husband Ray and I went out to eat at Ponderosa and we went to Wal-Mart to get flowers to plant and put on his parents' graves. We went to Lowes and looked at their flowers and bought some Sweet Williams for his Step-Mother. Ray bought me a fairly good sized resin pig to put in the yard. I have lawn ornaments of frogs, deer, raccoons, bears, turtles, dogs and a cat. I have a bridge that holds plants I plan to put out later. I get to add my pig now. My father-in-law just died a few weeks ago and he was a farmer and he also raised pigs for years. The pig caught my eye and and my husband bought it. I guess it is a symbol that my father-in-law lives on in spirit. Ray and I miss his father and I miss seeing him when I go over to visit his Step-Mother. His Dad should be sitting in his favorite chair watching TV. It brings tears to my eyes. Ray and I put flowers on his parents graves today and we had a moment of sadness where we embraced and we know his parents are together in the other world. Ray's father had a good life with Betty, his second wife. His first wife, Ray's Step-Mother died over thirty years ago and it was hard on my husband. We know that we will see them again someday.

I bought my mother a corsage with two red roses and a white carnation in it. My son is taking me out for dinner next weekend at a Bed and Breakfast. He has to work this weekend. Mother's Day is a special day to remember our mothers. I do hope that everyone can be with their mothers this weekend. Life is too short.
** Image ID #1105212 Unavailable **
** Image ID #1085517 Unavailable **
** Image ID #845013 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2006 Princess Megan Rose (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/425767-Mothers-Day-Weekend