*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/430158
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #1097066
For all the rest of my Flash Fiction Entries
#430158 added June 1, 2006 at 4:57pm
Restrictions: None
Priceless
Prompt: Write a story in which someone falls.
*Gift2*Winning Entry 04/14/06*Gift2*

__________________


New Chanel dress skirt and matching top…sixty-five dollars.

Second time worn Manolo Blahnik shoes…one hundred and fifty dollars.

Hair extensions, perfect makeup and flawless skin….one hundred and ten dollars and fifteen cents (tax of course.)

Falling on your ass in front of your new boss and exposing little girl cotton panties…priceless.


Florence Parker was definitely not having a good day. The world stopped spinning for those heartbreaking few seconds, her legs splayed apart, documents scattered all around her like oversized confetti and a horrified expression on her face. The silence in the board room was deafening and one could hear a pin drop.

She felt the color begin to creep up her neck to her face and the undeniable burn, the sting of unshed tears behind her eyes. She couldn’t cry in front of these men…no make them perverts for some were openly leering at her. She had hoped to impress her handsome young boss as his secretary and she had only done more to embarrass him. There was no doubt about it now. She was going to be fired.

“Are you all right, Miss. Parker?”

She lifted her gaze and met the warm, kind and beautiful brown eyes of the man who made her heart skip a beat all the time.

“I…I…yes, I am. Thank you.”

He held out his hand silently, his smile speaking volumes. And as she slipped her trembling one into his, she blushed as he leaned closer to whisper into her ear.

“Everything will be just fine.”

She smiled in pleasure and gratitude, getting to her knees to pick up the papers she had dropped.

Four years of college and a degree in Business Administration…a lot of money.

Finding the right job and falling for the man of your dreams in one fell swoop... very priceless.



Word Count: 300



© Copyright 2006 iKïyå§ama-House Targaryen (UN: satet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iKïyå§ama-House Targaryen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/430158