*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/431581-Bible-Bootcamp-your-captain-speaking
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #1109743
Writing and avoiding writer's block requires constant creativity.
#431581 added June 6, 2006 at 11:40pm
Restrictions: None
Bible Bootcamp, your captain speaking
Well, I have made it two days! Yay! I'm tired, worn out, drained, arthritis acting up, and painted in different hues, but it's all for the glory of God.
This year has been a little bit different. I'm in the craft room. I should feel very comfortable, in my element, but I miss the teaching. But watching the children create their small works of art, taking such pride in each accomplishment. Each piece as individualized as themselves.
So far the only writing I have managed to accomplish has been two songs. One I have been working on for a short while. I had the words, but no music. The second, I had written down the words last Wednesday night while waiting on church service to start.
I took it out this morning, examined the lyrics I had chosen. Almost instantaneously, the chords just came to me and they fit so well. I told my husband that song was God inspired. There was no way to think otherwise. I have usually slaved for days and sometimes, weeks, just to get the perfect melody for a song. Sometimes I have had a melody and found words to go with it, but never have I been able to just pick up the guitar and strum out a perfect chord progression.
The only thing different about writing this song, was who I was thinking about as I wrote it.
A dear friend at church who had been injured while playing with her children was telling me how she had gotten so depressed. She tore her ACL and had to be put on bedrest, not doing much, and had to have an operation. But the depression stemmed from her inability to do for her family. Instead of her serving her family, she was having to be served by her family. They had to do so many things for her that she would normally do and she felt so helpless.
Well, I pulled those lyrics out that I had jotted down in church and said, "Lord, I know that these are the words that she needs to hear right now."
God must have agreed.
I think I may have to perform the song in church this Sunday.
Well, now its late and I have to write at least a page in my novel before bed.

My Hobbies' Home
Handmade by Martha
http://www.handmadebymartha.esmartdesign.com


© Copyright 2006 Finding my Path (UN: mbishop25 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Finding my Path has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/431581-Bible-Bootcamp-your-captain-speaking