*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/431610-Summer-Heat-is-On
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #998498
What I'm thinking about today. . .
#431610 added June 7, 2006 at 1:52am
Restrictions: None
Summer Heat is On
Summer's heat hasn't wasted any time in showing up at full force this year. Usually the month of May and at least the beginning of June are only very warm. Pleasant weather has been kind of hit and miss: too much heat and not enough rain. This week the temps are in the nineties by noon, and approaching close to 100 by late afternoon.

It's so hot to get in a closed up car that I haven't been getting out that much. I'm already sunk into the summer doldrums. I eat. I sleep. I clean house. I watch TV. I barely keep up with the bills and the e-mail. Need vitamins or something!

I don't have a regular schedule of something to do every day, and I've mostly been sleeping too much again. I'm keeping the house clean of dog hair and dirt, but that's about all I've managed to accomplish lately. About once a week I need to sleep a full 24-hour period. Luckily, that sleeping time has been falling on Sunday, and I'm able to get to sleep by 3:00 am or so during the week. It's strange to be the only one up at night--this neighborhood has lots of mommies and daddies who get their kids to bed at a decent hour. Me--I water the grass and bushes at 11:00 pm.

I have two doctors' appointments the next couple of days, so I need to get to bed and go to sleep so I'll be up and at 'em in the morning. There's nothing worse than going to bed and not going to sleep though. I seem to be able to fall asleep if I'm on the sofa in front of the TV, but the bed's not so comfortable. I just toss and turn, and annoy with ever pet is trying to sleep with me. It'll all work out eventually. I just feel like I'm between schedules or something.

I almost signed up for a summer art course at CC Young Retirement Center, but 1:30 pm on Wednesdays was when my doctor appointment ended up being. I might be able to late register, and just not go the first week. The age limit is you have to be at least 50, so I ought to feel comfortable with classmates. Not all the students would necessarily be from the retirment center. Funny. It seems that as far as age goes, I'm either too young or too old. Then, when I find a possible group, other plans conflict.

I'm still looking for writing jobs on the Internet. I haven't found anything for sure, but I've sent my name and portfolio address to several places. There are two web sites getting set up in Dallas to provide info about entertainment, restaurant reviews and such. There was one job that was an internship. I'd work and learn for 6 weeks, if I was assured a paying job afterwards. Just have to see what comes up. I'm spending too much time hunting and not enough time actually writing.

Maybe the psychiatrist can tweak my meds, and everything will fall into place. I don't really feel out of sorts--just out of enthusiasm. The heat doesn't help one feel very fresh either. With temps at 95 degrees, it's too hot to fill up and kiddie pool and float, and that's my favorite summer activity--maybe soon!

© Copyright 2006 a Sunflower in Texas (UN: patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a Sunflower in Texas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/431610-Summer-Heat-is-On