*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/433059-The-Power-of-Prayer
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #1109743
Writing and avoiding writer's block requires constant creativity.
#433059 added June 13, 2006 at 12:38am
Restrictions: None
The Power of Prayer
This past weekend has been just a remarkable testimony to the power of prayer.
I had read a devotion once about a young boy who asked his Sunday school teacher to pray for his sick cat. The end of the devotion was something to the effect that all prayer is important. God asks us to pray and to pray continually.
Sometimes though, we get so bogged down in our lives, we forget that we can ask for most anything.
I woke up Saturday to my husband calling me to tell me that when he arrived on his job, the truck he was driving would not crank. He needed for me to come later, when he was ready to leave, so that we could jump the truck off.
No sooner than I hung up the phone, my oldest son came bringing me one of the small kittens that I had been caring for since we found him under our house. The kitten was near death. He could not stand, nor walk. He could not hold his little head up and he appeared to not be able to see or hear. I thought at first, he had come down with a very serious illness, or drank something that had poisoned him.
We didn't have the money to rush him to the vet and I told both of my children that sometimes, death happens and we can't control it. That perhaps, God had let this kitten die for some reason, we may never know.
I put the kitten into a box, and closed the lid over it (it had holes in the top) because my mom said that the cat would look for some place dark and quiet to die and I didn't want to go and look in my dresser to get something to wear and find a dead kitty. (excuse the run on sentences)
Well, my oldest son excepted this, but my younger son, he refused to believe that this kitty was beyond help. Even God's help.
I overheard him telling his brother to leave him alone, he was praying for God to save Puddles and make him better.
I was touched by his sincere belief and dedication to pray for this kitten.
He would go and pray, coming back occaisionally to check on the kitten. "Mom, I think he's stopped breathing."
"No, he's still breathing, but barely. I don't think he will make it through the day. He'll be dead by in the morning."
"Mom, are you sure there is nothing you can do?"
"Yes, there is nothing that I can do. It's out of my hands."
"Well, what about God?"
"Well, prayer never hurts."
He went back and prayed and checked, prayed and checked. This continued for a few hours.
If the kitty looked up and I waved my hand in front of him, he wouldn't follow it with his eyes. He would stare motionless. If I moved out of his sight range, he would not try to find me. It wasn't looking too good for Puddles.
My youngest son walked back into the room and I heard him announce, "I thought you said he couldn't see!"
"He can't." I walked back into the room.
"Well, look." He said walking back and forth, the little kitten's head turning to watch him.
"Well, he," I walked over and moved my hand back and forth in front of the kitten. "Honey, he still." I was at a loss for an answer. He saw him, but when I did the same thing: nothing.
Soon my husband called and we had to leave. I left the little kitten in the box, still expecting it not to be alive when we returned, as his breathing had become more shallow.
I helped my husband get his truck started and he said, "Why don't you go and visit your mom and dad since you're right here at their house?"
I agreed and my oldest son went with me and my youngest, with him.
I had been sitting there chatting with them when the phone rang.
"Hon, I thought you said Puddles was sick and dying?"
"He is!"
"Well, if he is, he's getting a last meal to go."
"What? He was in a box."
"When I got home, he was sitting in front of the food bowl, eating then drinking. He wasn't in a box."
"How did he get there?"
"He walked. A little wobbly, but he walked. He then went back into our bedroom and laid down."
Well, I must say that on Sunday, he was up, eating, making more trips to the kitchen to go and eat. By Sunday night, he was playing with his brother.
Today, he's climbing all over the place, running and playing.
I question how, but I know.
It was a small reminder from God that I need to trust Him more with my prayers and needs. After all, if He can save a small kitten, how much more would he do for me! I need to in trust Him with every worry and concern. My son did not hesitate to take his concern for Puddles to the Lord. I should not hesitate to take my concerns to the Lord.
Even in Puddles, he performed a miracle and all it took was the power of prayer.

My Hobbies' Home
Handmade by Martha
http://www.handmadebymartha.esmartdesign.com


© Copyright 2006 Finding my Path (UN: mbishop25 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Finding my Path has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/433059-The-Power-of-Prayer