*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/434261
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #1097066
For all the rest of my Flash Fiction Entries
#434261 added June 17, 2006 at 11:43pm
Restrictions: None
The Pandas
Written for the
Daily Flash Fiction Challenge  (13+)
Enter your story of 300 words or less.
#896794 by Arakun the Twisted Raccoon

Prompt: Write about a co-ed softball game.
*Gift1*Honorable Mention*Gift1*
_______________


“We are live at Bridle Park where the Lions are playing against the Pandas in the annual Co-ed Softball tournament. As everyone remembers, the Lions are the defending champions while the Pandas are a new team that’s taken the county by storm. With me now, is head coach Brian Micheals.”

“Howdy.”

“Coach Micheals, your team, the Pandas, is made up of quite an eclectic group. Tell us, how did you pick them?”

“Well, I’m glad you asked me that, John. You see, this here team is actually made up of my family. On first base is my lovely wife, Shelly. Shelly! Wave to the camera, you’re on TV, hon! Whoops, watch that ball, sweetie! Whoo! Socked her good that time. Haha.”

“She’s…eh…shouldn’t you check up on her? She’s kinda bleeding…”

“Ah, not to worry, my son’s a doctor…he’s the pitcher. Darn good one too. Looking good there, Johnny!”

“Johnny?”

“My other son. The one hitting…darn it! Watch what you’re hitting, boy! You almost clunked my car with that one!”

“He’s not a very good hitter, is he?”

“Oh, he’s been taking batting practice. On second base and third are my twin girls, MaryAnn and MaryLou. Cause quite a distraction when they’re catching the ball. Which helps our team, if you know what I mean.”

“Ah…”

“Out there in the outfield are my brother, uncle and father-in-law.”

“Your father-in-law? He looks like he’s bound to keel over in a minute!”

“Oh, don’t be fooled. He’s an ox that one. Ah, there he goes again. Hey, someone get his goddamn oxygen tank!”

“How do you plan to win the game then?”

“Win? Who says anything about winning? We’re just having a grand ol’ time out here. All right family! Let’s play us some baseball!”

“…he does know this is softball, right?”


Word Count: 299








© Copyright 2006 iKïyå§ama-House Targaryen (UN: satet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iKïyå§ama-House Targaryen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/434261