*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/437024-My-family-some-more-facts
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #933561
I have a few things to say and I am gonna say them here ...
#437024 added June 28, 2006 at 11:44pm
Restrictions: None
My family: some more facts
Ya, so I got a family. There's me, of course, and my significant other, my wife, Nishrin, to whom I am married for the last 16 years, 5 months and 9 days (LOL, did you say?). I am a Pediatrician, while my wife is a beauty salon owner and runs a flourishing business in Mumbai city where we live.

See the picture? We recently took a holiday to Kashmir and visited a unique "rock garden" in the city of Chandigarh (literally, the house of the Moon). This garden is created by a dreamer-cum-creative man called Nek Chand. He has sculpted thousands of animal, human and other shapes using pebbles, rocks, broken bangles (made of glass), broken floor or bathroom tiles, old electrical insulators and what not. You see my wife and me, along with our two darling daughters Inas (15) and Hannah (12).

Inas has just cleared her end-of-school SSC examinations with a very satisfying 80% marks (yes, we do have the marks system even now in India). The results came on Monday and the last two days have been hectic, with running to different colleges to get their "admission" forms, photocopies of mark-sheets, photos of Inas and so on. She has chosen the "Science" stream and is open to be either a doctor or whatever else she fancies to be.

© Copyright 2006 Dr Taher writes again! (UN: drtaher at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dr Taher writes again! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/437024-My-family-some-more-facts