*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/440698-Friday-Night-Recap
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #998498
What I'm thinking about today. . .
#440698 added July 15, 2006 at 2:08am
Restrictions: None
Friday Night Recap
Looks like I'm only getting to my blog page a couple of days a week now. There's not a whole lot of flux in my life, and consequently not much going on to talk about. Maybe that will change soon.

My mother presented me with the idea that if she started reading some of what I've written with the idea of publishing, that she could catch grammatical errors, and decide if I am writing something she'd want to buy and read.

Since she's 84 now, it seems like she wants to drop back on her own business involvement, and perhaps help me to get published. If Mom and a tutor start working with me next week, I think I'll be better motivated to produce. I have very mixed emotions about Mom reading my stuff though. It was written for baby boomers more than for the generation beyond. All this might change what I decide to put my effort in to.

Mom's birthday was sort of a silent celebration this year. When she turned 79, I pulled a surprise party for her. That was the best, with neighbor friends and friends from her home town. But her health wasn't up to such shenanigans this year.

We ate breakfast out on Monday morning, and Tuesday, around 11:00 am we ended up going to a cafeteria. We both had lots of food to take home, plus we got a slice of cake to eat later as celebration. I visited at her house later, and she'd opened her other wrapped box. Her church friend, Mary, gave her the nicest set of wooden board games to play on her new game table.

I made some comment, referring to it as the communion table, and I guess Mary fixed that. It's a nice coversation size table that Mom got for herself. I'm glad. She never buys anything for herself.

My package for her didn't arrive unitl 7:15 pm, luckily as I was going out my door to go to her house. I thanked Mr. Brown, UPS, a lot, and wrapped the package and went on down to Mom's.

Gonna have to do some figuring to get the DVD/VHS player hooked up to her TV and cable connection. I sort of hooked it up enough--and we watched an old Danny Kaye movie called "Court Jester." It was cute and funny, and a good way to end a long tiring day.

I was, then wasn't, but am now again scheduled for an outpatient dental surgery this next Thursday. I don't totally understand, but the surgery is semi-serious--at least the amount of time to heal. I think the periodontist is going to graft some something to my teeth on two sides. It's like a bone graft, but it has to do with receeding gums. The bad part is that recovery may take several months.

Every time I have a tooth issue, I end up on semi-solid foods, and end up losing weight. If I lose many more pounds, my doctor is going to be fussing at me. He thinks my weight is fine where it is. I think I could stand to lose 10 more pounds, but I don't think I could keep them off. I'm at the weight now that I've been at most of my adult life. But if you can't chew meat, you're not going to bulk up.

I have a pet sitting job the middle of August. My little business keeps resurrecting itself. I run out of clients, and then new ones find me. It's great to work with animal lovers.

Hope that I, and everyone else, has a fun and relaxing weekend.
© Copyright 2006 a Sunflower in Texas (UN: patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a Sunflower in Texas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/440698-Friday-Night-Recap