*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/443397
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #1097066
For all the rest of my Flash Fiction Entries
#443397 added July 26, 2006 at 7:26pm
Restrictions: None
Bella

Written for the: "Daily Flash Fiction Challenge
Prompt: Write about getting to know a new coworker...and learning more information about this person than you intended.
__________________

In a nine to five world, where tiny cubicles trap world-weary employees, the mundane, daily routine becomes sweet music to my ears. There’s the dull hum of a hundred processors, crunching out numbers faster than the eye can see. There’s the chime of the copier as it goes out of order, the subsequent kick from a disgruntled worker, perhaps a curse and then the accompanying holler of -

“Get me a coffee, Marc! Pronto!”

- from my boss, who I swear hates me ever since I refused to see her ‘after hours.’ Shuffling through the cubicles, an ‘excuse me’, ‘coming through’ or ‘hey, watch it buddy’ accompanies me, forcing me to grit my teeth and think of hot babes in colorful bikinis in place of the sea of grays, blacks and whites before me.

And there she stood a vision in red, a shy smile on her visage as she apologizes for her clumsiness. I tell her it’s all right, coffee errand already forgotten as we pick her papers from the ground. Stammering, blushing I ask who she is. A new intern, she replies, just started today. I tell her my name. She giggles and smiles.

“Bella,” she replies and flounces away.

My Bella, sweet Bella. I daydream of her, but I’m brought back to earth as I notice what she’s left behind. I pick up the small black book, my intentions simply pure, but blink in amazement at the contents inside.

Donovan Mitchell – 8.00pm (cash upfront)
Bradley Davis – 9.15pm 10.00pm (make up date)


The names roll on, a man for every hour, and oh, my heart feels completely crushed.

“I believe that’s mine,” she says with a smile, and plucks out the book from my lifeless hands. “Let’s just keep this a secret, and I’ll be good to you too.”


Word Count: 300



© Copyright 2006 iKïyå§ama-House Targaryen (UN: satet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iKïyå§ama-House Targaryen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/443397