*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/443678-What-I-cant-stand-about-some-people
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #956430
Here I am!
#443678 added August 20, 2006 at 11:09pm
Restrictions: None
What I can't stand about some people...
...Is that they don't know when to shut the hell up!

There are two kinds of people I can't stand. Male chauvenists, and people who won't leave me the hell alone when it comes to my personal beliefs.

I had to deal with two of those kinds of people in the same day today. I wonder if there is some kind of asshole lottery that at least one service industry worker has to win every day.

The religious guy I had dealt with earlier. It was the same old song and dance, "Give your life to God or burn in hell", type sermon, disguised in a faux-friendly conversation. I told him my mind was made up about not believing in any specific deity/life-after-death/beginning-or-end-of-the-world legend, but of course he wouldn't listen. Maybe he really believed in God. Maybe he was trying to get in my pants.

*shrugs*

Whatever his real motivation, he should have shut the hell up. The thing about some religious types are that they don't really give a damn about your opinion. They're right, and you're wrong, before you even open your mouth. They think you're stupid, or at least ignorant of the wonderful things religion can offer you. In the afterlife.

In this life, apparently God/Allah/YHWH's followers have to fight against each other guerilla warfare style for "His" glory.

And for oil apparently. Apparently oil is Jesus's younger brother.

Anywho, after I stared him down, preferring to stock ethinc hair chemicals to this kind of annoying banter, he mumbled something about praying for me, and left.

But this was not the end of my encounter with an asshole! Oh no! I had one left!

Later on in the day, I was lifting a medium sized box(which didn't weigh more than five pounds) on my shoulder. I would've have carried it in my hands, but the place I work at has small aisles. An older guy at the counter muttered something about women taking on the responsiblities of a man.

I smiled at him sweetly and told him I had been lifting weights since high school.

He said that was okay as long as I fufilled my "womenly duties".

I asked him what did he meant. Getting beat up by a man? Being barefoot and pregnant? Because I'm not that kind of girl. I'm the kind of girl who can pick a guy up and put him over my shoulder.

He wouldn't answer. He just looked kind of pissed and stormed off. Probably because I had the balls to answer him.

Not that I actually have balls.

People mistake my cute exterior for weakness for some reason. Someone's gonna get knocked on their ass one of these days.

© Copyright 2006 EyeSingOnTheCake (UN: mayasclaw at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
EyeSingOnTheCake has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/443678-What-I-cant-stand-about-some-people