*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/456371-Back-From-the-Edge-of-the-World
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #998498
What I'm thinking about today. . .
#456371 added September 21, 2006 at 7:20pm
Restrictions: None
Back From the Edge of the World
The way people used to believe you would fall off the earth if you sailed too far west, I kind of believe that's what happened to me. It's a frightening thing.

My computer crashed about two and a half weeks ago, and I was totally out of touch. I managed, but now I need to develop a computer slot in my daily routine again. I'm canceling a program I saved from the Internet, called Registry Mechanic, that messed with my computer's registry. I can keep that problem from happening again.

Once I located the company, Geeks-On-Call, that helped me with computer problems in the past, and got on their tech's schedule, it was only two days before I was up again. Make that two days and about $400. But my computer is all better now, and I have more space on my hard drive. I don't understand exactly what happened with my partitions, but it all seems to be good.

I still have six pets. The kittens are about 14 weeks now: "the Twins" and "Stella". Plan to pick up some photos at the pharmacy in a bit, so I'll post some precious picts asap.

Today I'm recovering from a neck epidural shot I received yesterday, and I need to do some serious housework, particularly with the vacuum cleaner, after I pick up my pain med. Since I have my "se4a legs" I have an afternoon of errands to do. I just wanted to give a "heads up" as to where I'd been, in case anybody missed me.

It is possible to survive a trip past the edge of the earth, but readmission to society is a real shock to the system.

Peace, and write on.
© Copyright 2006 a Sunflower in Texas (UN: patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a Sunflower in Texas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/456371-Back-From-the-Edge-of-the-World