*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/457942
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #1062373
NO more humor... just more tragic, sad, sick, twisted goings ons - Sorry
#457942 added September 28, 2006 at 8:35pm
Restrictions: None
Doctors, Surgery, Insurance = Bullshit
I am an intelligent woman... that fact has been a curse and a blessings... but often times being intelligent makes me more accutely award of BULLSHIT.

This entry is going to be based on recent personal experiences. If you came here today expecting to find political correctness, politness, reason, and logic... leave NOW... cause I'm pissed, and I'm mad, and I'm NOT going to dance to a tune that I consider to be nothing less than INSURANCE FRAUD... that's right... INSURANCE FRAUD.

I was told by a Ear, Nose, and Throat Specialist that I needed surgery... okay that sucks... but he said it was necessary. ... Ah, but here's the BUT... I'm a diabetic and have other health problems... so to limit his liability (I'm sure in the event I died) he wanted my regular Physician's to give me CLEARANCE... okay... MY DOCTOR CLEARED ME FOR SURGERY... with me, and him knowing that I presented some special risks... being diabetic, obese (fat...) and all but I was cleared for surgery...

I go to the hospital to be preadmitted... blood draw - check... EKG - check... chest Xray - check... fast from midnight report to hospital at 8:00 am... check...

Phone rings... at 7:00 am... seems my doctor does NOT have privilages at the hospital where the ENT doc wants to do surgery so now the fucking hospital wants a doctor who doesn't know me from his fucking ass but has privilages to access me for surgical risks... duh? MY DOCTOR DID THAT... 9:15... go see Dr. Sultan... the motherfucker want clear me until I go see Dr. Wong... here I'm picked and proded... given an ultrasound to see if I have blood clots in my legs... then given a heart stress test... these are expensive test... I've got insurance...

Whatdayaknow... they eventually clear me for surgery... but now it's 4:00 in the afternoon... and we can't leave the clinic cause some poor guy has lost it... and is holding a gun to his head in the hospital parking lot next door... Within minutes he kills himself... we're free to go...

NOW MY IDIOT ENT Doctor says he'll have to wait till Monday to do the surgery...

Fuck 'em... My insurance year ends on October 1st... I explained all this to them earlier in the week when we scheduled the surgery for today... If they wait till Monday I'll have to come out of pocket a minumum of $3000.00 before my insurance kicks in... I've met all my minumums this year...

Because they wanted to tap my insurance for all these unnecessary tests JUST TO COVER THEIR FUCKING ASSES... they think I'll show up on MONDAY to have the surgery my doctor has cleared me to have... FUCK'EM ... ain't happening...

I may still need the surgery... but these motherfuckers have gotten the last of my money... I'll go to New Orleans, the North Shore, anywhere but to these rip off artists...

They want to spread the wealth around cause they can't get enough patients to make a profit so they double dip into the ones that have insurance... Fuck'em

And they all made me future appointments for when I got out of the hospital and recovered from the surgery... bullshit... I have a doctor... I don't need them...

Watch'em cry when they find out I'm not playing their fucking game... they want to treat me like I'm money in the bank... I"M NOT STUPID

and I'm not one of these down the bayou, uneducated, all trusting, Doctor's are gods believing people...

There are so many hospitals, and so many other doctors... and I'll have the surgery when I'm ready...

HOW CAN I MAKE THIS DECISION... I'm not a doctor... no... I'm not... but I just had gall bladder surgery a year ago... I had all the same problems then as I do now... I DID JUST FINE...nothing is different... nothing has changed... the expensive tests they wasted my time running today proved that... FUCK'EM

I WAS NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO HAVING THIS SURGERY... but I was gonna go through with it...

OH, and after all the thousands of dollars these tests cost today... the doctor tells me "YOU, need to quit smoking." Yea, that was part of the plan with the surgery that was suppose to happen today... but you motherfuckers fucked that up too... THANK YOU VERY FUCKING MUCH...

© Copyright 2006 The Critic (UN: thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Critic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/457942