*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/459320
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #1097066
For all the rest of my Flash Fiction Entries
#459320 added October 5, 2006 at 4:54am
Restrictions: None
Hunger
Written for the: "Daily Flash Fiction Challenge
Prompt: Write about a very, very hungry character.
______________________

Imagine if you will, waking up to the tantalizing aroma of bacon sizzling, black coffee wafting into your nostrils, and eggs scrambling across a frying pan with each wicked whisk of the spatula. Your tongue gets heavier, too heavy to fit your mouth it seems; drool pooling rapidly as eyes widen and dilate with every shallow breath you take. Your stomach rumbles – a tune you’re now used to – but this time it’s laced with pain. It’s been a while since it’s had anything.

You watch as The Cook bellows; watch as two trudge down the stairs with grumbles – one eating a succulent chewy granola bar. Its caramel filling dribbles off his mouth; a tongue darts out to swipe it away. However, The Cook is furious and admonishes him for ruining his appetite. It is promptly tossed into the garbage.

Arguments break out. Meal soon forgotten. The other one had been pushing around the food on his plate. He says something about being late for school and leaves the house. Frustrated, she’s soon left alone.

You crawl closer. Now’s your chance.

As predicted, she picks up the food and tosses it into the receptor of waste, drags the bag outside and towards the large tin can. Precious minutes tick by as she stands there talking to her neighbor. You curse beneath your breath, impatience trickling in to dull the senses. You’re beyond caring now. The smell of that meal still permeates the wall it’s trapped in, and your mind screams for satisfaction.

Out you jump, desperate and eager. Her screams are barely registered in your raving mind.

“You bad, bad dog!” she cries.

But you’re off again, a piece of bacon stuck between your teeth. It’s barely enough to last the day, but for now, you’ll savor it until next time.


Word Count: 300

© Copyright 2006 iKïyå§ama-House Targaryen (UN: satet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iKïyå§ama-House Targaryen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/459320