*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/460460-huh
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #956430
Here I am!
#460460 added October 9, 2006 at 11:24pm
Restrictions: None
'huh'?
I got my comp back from the shop, but something was wrong with my old keyboard, so I had to buy another one, so I haven't been back online until today.

My car is gonna be fixed tommorrow, so that's one less thing to worry about.

I haven't really had any problems with customers in the last few days, so I've got nothing to complain about on that end either....

Oh wait! I just remembered some asshole! I almost forgot!

For the record, I live in the South. That being said, I don't usually jump to the conclusion that white people are being racist when they throw a fit and complain about something in my presence. People of all colors have bad days. And assholes come in rainbow colors as far as I can tell.

Anywho, here's the story: I'm ringing up a customer, when all of a sudden a lady from the back of the line yells, "Is there any way you can turn that off?"

My first reaction is 'huh'? because no one ever complains about something in the store. My store is the model store for the entire region, which is made up of about three dozen other stores. You know, since I don't work with any slackers or thieves, I've got it like that. ;)

The lady gets an attitude and points at the radio.

Again, I'm like 'huh'?, because the lady comes in all the time and she's never complained about the radio before. I turn the radio down because I figure, 'maybe it is too loud today. I just started my shift, and I'm still half asleep.'

Still, I like to cover all my bases, because I'm curious about what people think all the time. I'm weird like that. So when it's time to ring the lady up, I ask her if the radio was too loud.

She doesn't answer my question. She launches into this crap about secular music. I stare at her like she's crazy. It's not like the Ying-Yang Twins or 50 Cent was blaring on the radio. Luther Vandross * was singing some annoying sappy love song. Luther Vandross!!! His songs are more harmless than Barry White's! It's bad enough I can't listen listen to the rap stations, the new rock stations, or even the top 40 stations at my job, but this dumbass lady with the bible shoved up her ass was trying to take away the crappy non-offensive r&b station that hadn't played anything new on it since '98??!!!

You can bet your ass I was pissed!

So I ring the lady out, and hand her her stuff, and right before she walks out the door, I turn the music right back on, just so her little conservative ears are flooded with secularism. And she didn't say shit.


* ------> (For those of the caucasian persuasion who are not in the know, Luther Vandross is a older version of Rueben Studdard. As a matter of fact, Luther Vandross was the original singer of the song "Superstar" that Rueben sang during American Idol.)

Whew! I really needed to vent about that!

© Copyright 2006 EyeSingOnTheCake (UN: mayasclaw at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
EyeSingOnTheCake has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/460460-huh