*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/464737
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #1062373
NO more humor... just more tragic, sad, sick, twisted goings ons - Sorry
#464737 added October 27, 2006 at 8:23am
Restrictions: None
EXXON, THE IRS & REPUBLICAN INFLUENCE PEDDLING
And we're not suppose to believe that the Bush White House & Republicans have any influence over gas prices? If so then how in the world, even in the midst of falling gas prices has EXXON MOBILE recorded huge profits? When are corporate profits obscene?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/07/28/AR2005072802085....
Quote:
"The quarterly profit was the third-highest in the company's history. Revenue climbed 25 percent, to $88.57 billion, Exxon said. A doubling of oil prices since 2003 has put the Irving, Tex.-based company on a pace to surpass Wal-Mart Stores Inc. this year as the largest U.S. company by total revenue."

"Royal Dutch Shell PLC, the world's third-largest publicly traded oil company, said yesterday that second-quarter profit rose 34 percent, to $5.24 billion."

"BP PLC, the second-largest, said on July 26 that profit rose 29 percent, to $5.59 billion."

"ConocoPhillips, the third-largest U.S. oil company, said Wednesday that profit rose 51 percent, to $3.14 billion. Chevron Corp., the No. 2 U.S. oil company, is scheduled to announce second-quarter results today."

And the most obscene of all: FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SUBSIDIES...
"Exxon Mobil and other oil companies may benefit from $2.6 billion in subsidies in the energy bill that is nearing passage in Congress."

Remember back when record profits were first being reported... not that long ago... Some members of Congress mentioned WIN FALL PROFIT TAXES... well now our lovely Congress is saying, "The subsidies are designed to encourage domestic oil and gas production."

Er, who believes that oil companies need encouragement to make GROSS profits. Gross in the sense of "that's awful"!

But none of us, WE THE PEOPLE, are to think for one single second that Bush, the White House, or Republicans in general have any influnence over gas prices...hmmmmmmmmm

But if the IRS is concerned over elections because of possible bad press, what are WE THE PEOPLE suppose to think?

I.R.S. Going Slow Before Election
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/27/washington/27taxes.html?ex=1319601600&en=08ce2...



Oil Doesn't Want Focus on Big Profit
Companies Stepping Up Advertising
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/10/25/AR2005102501655....

READ THESE QUOTES:

"Yesterday, House Speaker J. Dennis Hastert (R-Ill.) called it "fine" that energy companies are reaping record profit."

"They (the oil companies) say the tax (Wind Fall Profit TAX) drives up gasoline prices by reducing crude supply."

Now can someone please explain how windfall profit taxes are able to physically reduce crude supply?... or is it really just an oil industry threat that if a windfall profit tax is introduced the oil companies will cut crude supplies?

Are WE THE PEOPLE just stupid?

There are so many that currently serve the Bush Regime that need to go to prison for a very long time... I don't even know where the list should end.

I am really beginning to believe death by firing squad should be reintroduced... (no blindfolds either) and I generally have a problem with the death penalty... but I guess there's always an exception...

© Copyright 2006 The Critic (UN: thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Critic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/464737