*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/466706-HOLY-SPAGHETTI-MONSTER
Rated: 13+ · Book · Inspirational · #959448
Inspirational, spiritual, religious and nature items, mainly poems.
#466706 added February 11, 2007 at 2:54am
Restrictions: None
HOLY SPAGHETTI MONSTER
HOLY SPAGHETTI MONSTER



Holy Spaghetti Monster,
The real creator,
Rules the world, yet he is not
Bad as a dictator.

It was in two thousand five
That Bobby Henderson,
A physicist by training,
Drew to you attention.

Holy Spaghetti Monster
You are the ultimate.
If you wish, you can alter
A man’s or woman’s fate.

Your tenets are scientific.
How can you be disproved?
You are invisible and
Through matter can be moved.

As to prove or disprove god,
None is so far able,
Disproving your existence,
Is just impossible.



* Written in abcb, 7-6-7-6 format.
* Submitted to "Invalid Item, “Holy Spaghetti Monster Competition” Contest

* NOTE: [Condensed from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster ]

The Flying Spaghetti Monster (FSM) is the deity of a parody religion founded in 2005 by physics graduate Bobby Henderson to protest the decision by the Kansas State Board of Education to require the teaching of intelligent design as an alternative to biological evolution. In an open letter on his website, Henderson professes belief in a supernatural Creator that resembles spaghetti and meatballs called the Flying Spaghetti Monster, and calls for Pastafarianism to be taught in science classrooms, essentially invoking a reductio ad absurdum argument against the teaching of intelligent design.Followers of the Flying Spaghetti Monster (FSM) call themselves Pastafarians, a portmanteau of pasta and Rastafarian.

Gospel of The Flying Spaghetti MonsterMain article: The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster
In December 2005, Bobby Henderson received a reported USD $80,000 advance to pen The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. According to the author, he plans to use the proceeds from the sale of the book to build a pirate ship, with which he may travel the world in order to convert heathens to the Pastafarian religion.[5] The book was released on March 28, 2006 (ISBN 0-8129-7656-8).

The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster is the Pastafarian equivalent of the Bible. It parodies biblical figures with characters such as Captain Mosey, a pirate and the FSM equivalent of Moses. The Gospel contains The Eight "I'd Really Rather You Didn'ts", parodying the Ten Commandments.


• REQUEST—While reviewing, please copy and paste the following in your review: This is a review for “entry:466706".
[Please take care to place within { } the words in inverted commas above].

If that is too difficult, just type the name of the poem in your review. This is important because, otherwise, I may never know which poem you have reviewed, since the review will be shown against the book in which this entry appears.



M C Gupta
5 November 2006

© Copyright 2007 Dr M C Gupta (UN: mcgupta44 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dr M C Gupta has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/466706-HOLY-SPAGHETTI-MONSTER