*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/474018-Ah-the-horrors-of-writing
by werden
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1180282
My thoughts about life
#474018 added December 8, 2006 at 11:28pm
Restrictions: None
Ah the horrors of writing
Now that my hell week is over, I can get to the part that I enjoy best, the writing. Or sometimes more accurately the pretending to write or the needing to write and not doing it.

I don't know which is worse, a bad review of your work or a good review. A good review bad? Well, yeah actually. Allow me to elaborate.

I got several good reviews on the first 2 chapters of my novel. I am working on the third. That is bad for me because I am having a devil of a time with the third chapter. See, I want it to live up to the first 2. I want to continue the drama & suspense. I don't want to let my readers down. So, I am going through writing & rewriting. ah the horrors!

I am just kidding. In a way I am not though. I am beginning to understand the pressure that writers of successful stories feel (not that my little excerpt is in any way successful). They don't want to let their fans down so they are under constant pressure to keep the story going. I feel the same way. To be honest some times I feel as if I am overwriting. Maybe I am. Maybe it would be better to just finish it and submit it for review. After all that is pretty much what I did with the first 2 chapters.

Well just a little taste for what it means to write. I am grateful for the readers who read and reviewed my work. Please don't misunderstand me. As the english say cheerio! (wait isn't that a cereal :), perhaps I mispelled that )


© Copyright 2006 werden (UN: wseerden at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
werden has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/474018-Ah-the-horrors-of-writing