*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/474245
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #1062373
NO more humor... just more tragic, sad, sick, twisted goings ons - Sorry
#474245 added December 10, 2006 at 11:10am
Restrictions: None
Security: An Illusion
Illinois Gunman Felt Cheated Over Invention
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16114946/

The next time he returned, Joe Jackson, 59, had a revolver, knife and hammer hidden in a manila envelope, Cline said. He forced a security guard at gunpoint to take him up to the 38th floor, where shooting victim Michael McKenna, 58, rented office space.

Maybe Joe Jackson had a valid complaint against the patent attorney, Mr. McKenna, maybe he didn't - that's just another one of the circumstanses surrounds these horrific murders that needs to be further investigated.

And start by questioning the fourth shooting victim that survived.
Ruth Zak Leib, 57, of Oak Park, was identified by police as McKenna's longtime paralegal. She was treated at a hospital and released Friday for a gunshot wound to the foot, a hospital spokeswoman said.

Here's another:

Joe Jackson is said to have "forced a security guard at gunpoint to take him up to the 38th floor", and authorities are not faulting the security guard for taking Jackson to the 38th floor.

Here's my point: Security Guards are, for the most part, aging, retired, and broken down police officers - at best. Too many others hired as Security Guards - are just aging and broken down - many are just a glorified Receptionist without any kind of a weapon to secure and protect anything. Regardless, I haven't met a Security Guard that is paid enough to risk his or her life to SECURE anything.

I don't blame the Security Guard either, but I do blame the Industry and the mentality of the people who hired INCAPABLE Security Guards.

Yep...

Now if a Security Guard is to be effective then he or she needs to be physically fit and highly skilled in disarming potential gunmen.

Look around at the people in your local area that are employed as Security Guards. Tell me what you see. My point exactly!!!

First and foremost, a Security Guard should not look like a Greeter working at the local Wal-Mart.

Security costs money - REAL security and REAL Security Guards should!!!

Today, we are all living in dangerous and potentially highly volatile times.












© Copyright 2006 The Critic (UN: thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Critic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/474245