*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/474554-Melts-in-your-mouth
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #924960
of a tennis player, hiker, writer
#474554 added December 11, 2006 at 10:45pm
Restrictions: None
Melts in your mouth
Ten hours of house chores this past weekend and my house still has clutter. I sorted through office drawers, and dresser drawers, did laundry, cleaned out a closet, medicine chest and supervised the cleaning of Laney’s room. It’s funny how fast she moves if you threaten restriction and once I swiped up her cell phone, she was in spring cleaning mode.

Spring cleaning. In the dead of winter. Well, okay, so, I know you snow birds up north are used to tempts in the teens, but my deep south skin, tanned bronzed even in September, can’t take the thought of gusty winds coupled with dropping tempts too cold to go outside without a coat / hat / gloves on.

Lucky for me I springed cleaned so I actually knew where my gloves where.

I did have to brave the cold Saturday night. Bundled up in a burgundy turtleneck and so last year’s coat to attend a Christmas party. My tennis partner and his wife’s Christmas party. The food tasted so good I couldn’t stop eating. I’ve know idea how she made it all. Mexican corn salsa, buttered garlic(and something else but I’m not sure) shrimp, meatballs swimming in her grandmother’s secret sauce…I gained ten pounds that night.

There was tequila there, too. It was a damn good thing my tennis partner and I didn’t have a match the next day!

© Copyright 2006 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/474554-Melts-in-your-mouth