*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/477657
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #1062373
NO more humor... just more tragic, sad, sick, twisted goings ons - Sorry
#477657 added December 29, 2006 at 8:10am
Restrictions: None
I'm a GRANDMAW - AGAIN: IT'S A BOY
Last night, Thursday, December 28th at 7:11 pm, my son's son was born. Corbin entered this world at 7 pounds 13 ounces, and 21 inches long. My son's wife, Jane, is an amazing young woman - she delivered my 5th grandchild naturally - no pain medication.

Of course, my son Jon says Corbin is going to be lucky - cause he was born at 7:11... the numbers 7 and 11 are considered lucky when you're rolling dice - and life can sometimes feel like not much more than a roll of the dice!

Mother and baby are fine - except Jane's tail bone broke during delivery. Jon said the doctor told him, "I heard it pop..." - OUCH!!! I've heard of that happening.

Here is another major milestone I've missed in my son's life - the birth of his first child. Corbin was born in Kansas cause Jon's in the Army and stationed at Fort Riley Kansas.

This is Jane's parent's first grandchild - they're beside themselves with glee - and so they should be. I can tell you it's still just as exciting for me, even thought Corbin is my fifth grandchild - each one is unique and precious.

I'm probably not going to get to see my newest grandson until mid-February... and by the end of February my son will be on a plane headed to Iraq where he will be serving his second tour of duty. Jon is expected to be in Iraq for one year.

Please pray with me that my son will make it back home safe and sound to be here to raise his own son. I'm so terribly scared and I'm deeply, deeply sadden that Jon is going to miss the entire first year of his own son's life.

And pray with me too, for Jane, and all the military wives who love their soldier husbands... it takes exceptional women to love their soldier husbands - and Jane is exceptional.

© Copyright 2006 The Critic (UN: thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Critic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/477657