*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/480142-Baton-Rouge
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #924960
of a tennis player, hiker, writer
#480142 added January 9, 2007 at 10:03am
Restrictions: None
Baton Rouge
Sixteen days till Baton Rouge and the countdown begins. We had our first team practice last night and I played well. I serve and volley. Not that my volleys are on, but I like blocking that much of the net. A few solid hits on the ball and everyone gets nervous when you are there. Four of us played three sets; switching partners with each set. I was worn out by the beginning of the third set, regretting my decision to skip dinner. Two hours of tennis on an empty stomach isn’t a move I’ll make again. At least intentionally.

I was supposed to hit with the pro who wants me to write an article about him. He patented this teaching tool called the slinghopper. So, in order for me to write a better article, I told him I needed a 30 minute drill session. Only I forgot about my dental appointment. No tennis today, unless I score a quick lesson with my boss.

Wed, I hit with my 3.0 team and later that day, the 30 minute slinghopper lesson.

Thursday is team practice and Friday, Saturday & Sunday I’ve entered a local tournament on clay courts. I’m playing singles and doubles. I HAVE to be ready for Baton Rouge!

I just checked our schedule for Baton Rouge…we play two matches on the 26th – Our first is against Mississippi and then we take on South Carolina. On Saturday, we play Arkansas and then North Carolina. If we’ve done well, we’ll play in the finals on Sunday the 29th against the winning team of the other division.

I WANT to play on the 29th!

© Copyright 2007 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/480142-Baton-Rouge