*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/483689-No-kidding-I-HATE-computers
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1203635
Blogging from a natural-born ranter.
#483689 added January 26, 2007 at 1:11am
Restrictions: None
No kidding, I HATE computers
I have a new computer. I didn't want a new computer, but the old one croaked and they don't make parts for it anymore. The new computer stinks. If I get one more damn error message asking me if I want to debug, the whole lousy thing is going out the window. At least Storymaster was able to tell me what was wrong with my e-mail here. I don't understand it, but he said to get rid of cookies and check the cache. Fortunately, my security program has a button for that. For all I know, I just dumped a bunch of good stuff with the crap, but oh, well.

The cat is doing better. I've been mixing his prednisone (crushed tablets) with a hefty dose of sugar, a little water, and now I can squirt the whole mess down his throat. Not too fast, not too much at a time, but at least the meds are going into him, and I haven't drowned him yet. I get to go to the vet tomorrow and find out how to squeeze pee out of a cat. Yippee.

I should probably file down my nails before I do that so I don’t squish and stab the cat at the same time. Considering he once bit through an x-ray glove (lead!) deeply enough to draw blood, my fears of losing a finger are not completely unfounded.

I wonder if they have a fake practice cat, like the fake breasts they use to teach you how to look for lumps. They could fill it with water (the fake cat, not the breast), and put in a squeaky. The goal would be to squeeze out the water without setting off the squeaky. Or making it come out the wrong end. I don’t think a cat could vomit pee, though. My vet (well, the cats’ vet, but you understand) thinks I ask some very odd questions sometimes. I wouldn’t actually try to find out for myself, but the experimental method does work, y’know.

© Copyright 2007 Chriswriter (UN: wordwarrior at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chriswriter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/483689-No-kidding-I-HATE-computers