*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/484576-Baton-Rouge-update
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #924960
of a tennis player, hiker, writer
#484576 added February 1, 2007 at 2:05pm
Restrictions: None
Baton Rouge update
I’m so out of the writing zone. I need to go blog-hopping. Maybe I’ll find m rhythm.

Baton Rouge was a blast. I loved every minute of it. Well, except getting the bill for a $12.00 spinach salad for lunch at the Cheesecake Something-or-Other. twelve dollars! I can’t remember the name. The waitress was top-notch though, with her attentiveness, double, triple and even quadruple checking to see if we needed anything. Taking care of a party of seven can be taxing. She was on her game.

Even still, twelve dollars still hurt. The salad itself was decent. A bit too salty for my taste buds, but loaded with vitamin A helped me overlook the salt. Not the price, which I somehow got confused during the order, believing the lunch version, was less expensive. (Guess I was wrong.)

The matches were good and our team competed in four of them. I played two. (Won one and lost one.) At least I lost to the team who finished just ahead of us. My win was sweet. Played at night, under the California Corners lighting, I could really see the ball. Even better than at Tattnall, on court one. I played relaxed; not even worrying when we lost the first set in the set tiebreaker. “We got some ground to make up. “ My partner said using an encouraging tone. I was ready for the challenge.

During the first set, my service return was off. This is usually a winning point shot for me, if not a set up shot. However, during the first set, it proved to be a point for our opponents. What a suck deal

I finally realized what I was doing wrong, adjusted, and quit giving points away. We won the second set 6;2. My partner was an awesome baseliner which works well with my net game.

Tournament format called for a ten point match tiebreaker instead of the third set. We were down 4-9 – which meant our opponents had matchpoint. We came back to win the thing 13 – 11. OMG! What a win.

As a team, we won three of our matches and lost one, putting us in second place in our group, so we didn’t qualify for the championship round.

But I’m looking at it this way….had the tournament offered a 3/4th playoff, we’d have qualified and played for third or fourth place in the tournament.

Not bad, considering this was a nine state event!

© Copyright 2007 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/484576-Baton-Rouge-update