*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/485501-Football-fan-or-not
Rated: 18+ · Book · Family · #1201314
Who am I, Where am I Going, and Where have I been? The story of my life!
#485501 added February 3, 2007 at 5:26pm
Restrictions: None
Football fan or not
Feb 3, 2007

Football fan or not I'm rooting for the Colts in the Superbowl tomorrow. First of all, I live in Indiana..near Indianapolis, and grew up there.  I remember when the Colts came to Indy..I was just a kid but it was a big deal!  I also am just thrilled that 2 men of faith are leading their teams in the Superbowl!  Our pastor sent us a pdf file of a full page ad out of USA Today~that I believe Tony Dungy and Lovie Smith took out...and a website is listed...www.Beyondtheultimate.org.  It tells the stories of several members of each of the 2 teams playing who are christians...I just think it's an awesome awesome testimony.  While there has been a lot of hype over the fact that 2 African American coaches are going to be in the Superbowl...(not from the two coaches, if you were watching the night of the playoffs, they don't seem to make a big deal of that, nor do I...honestly...I think making such a big deal of the color of their skin makes for too many pigeon holes)But I do think it's a big deal that 2 Men of Faith, who are willing to walk the walk and talk the talk in public are going to the superbowl and I think it's just awesome (and I really could care less about Football...lol)

On the other hand..one other hot topic of the Superbowl is all the parties that have been cancelled-around the country, and at local churches because of NFL Copyright Law...I think it stinks...I really do and I think the law needs to be changed.  What an outreach tool! Mind you, they haven't said they can't do it..but they've put major stipulations on it...which is their right, I suppose but I disagree...I've seen responses from 2 different pastors..one stating they would not have their superbowl party because as Christians we are called to follow the laws of the Land...as long as they don't go against the laws of God...the other one said that the NFL not allowing them to have their party was keeping them from reaching others for Jesus Christ as we are told to do in the Great Commission (Matthew)

The first one stated we should be working to change the law though, because it is a wrong law......I tend to agree with him...I also think the church members should open up their homes to do it,..to get around the law...and still reach others for Christ...a bit rambly I know..but...lol..such is me...

I am grateful to be living in a  land where people can speak their beliefs and live.
blessings
Vicky







© Copyright 2007 hoosiermomma2 (UN: hoosiermomma2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
hoosiermomma2 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/485501-Football-fan-or-not