*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/488964-A-Hodgepodge
Rated: 18+ · Book · Family · #1201314
Who am I, Where am I Going, and Where have I been? The story of my life!
#488964 added February 18, 2007 at 9:28pm
Restrictions: None
A Hodgepodge
Feb 18, 2007

It is cold and wet outside.  My nose is stuffy, my eyes are tired, and my brain won't shut off. 

I know, the fact that it is cold and wet outside is not news.  At least not if you read my blog entries last week.  And if you didn't...well, you know now that it is cold and wet..this due to snow and ice.  Which we got more of on Saturday.  LOL..I'll quit whining about it now. 

I don't due extreme temps.  I like to be comfortable.  But honestly, given the choice between hot and cold...I'd rather be cold because I can add a layer, drink something warm, take a hot shower, etc.  When it's hot, yes, I can drink something cold or take a cold shower...but there are only so many layers to take off before things get a little scary.  *Smile*

I'm stuffy because I still have a cold.  I probably have a sinus infection and need to go to the dr...but with the roads and the weather it's probaby not going to happen real soon.  NOt unless I spike a temp or get absolutely miserable.  My husband takes my van instead of his little truck in nasty weather..it's safer...plus I babysit making it difficult to find time to go.  And honestly...I just don't like going unless I have to....I am a big baby when I'm truly sick, so never fear..I'll end up there before I get tooo sick...lol...I just need proof I'm sick before I suck it up and go.

My eyes are tired...I"m tired...I didn't get much sleep last night...partially because I took a nap yesterday late afternoon which I should NOT have done and partially because my husband snored very loudly most of the night.  I don't sleep well out of my bed..and I'm a light sleeper....so if I'd fallen asleep before he started snoring, it might have been ok...but maybe not..and going to another room doesn't work so well...then my little sunshine (J) woke up too early even though we didn't have church this morning...becuase they cancelled it(rather strange but true).  I plan on making it an early night.

I had fun today with my girlfriend...honestly (God help me if she ever reads this)  she's almost old enough to be my mother...but we are more friends than anything.  Sometimes she's the mom and sometimes I am...and sometimes we are like two kids getting into trouble together...lol..that was where we were today.  LOL..We had fun.  We went to lunch at a new Mexican place in town, went to Walmart, CVS and Kroger.  We laughed and we bared our souls.  She's a great friend who has listened probably more than she has talked and truly cares about me.  She's been through a lot herself and going through more....I have been truly blessed.

My brain won't shut off because Sabrina keeps trying to come out.  If things were quiet and I weren't being interrupted every 10 minutes it would be ok.  I'm hoping tomorrow will give me the chance.  I wish I had someone I could talk to about writing ideas and how too's...here I mean...I just don't know whether to go at the rest of the story by having her drift into the past to tell her story...or to just have her tell it...personally I think the 1st one...but we shall see I guess....

I have a favor to ask....if you could, please keep my friend purtycurls in your prayers.  She is scheduled to have surgery on Friday and is dealing with that plus the chaos of trying to be a single mom and survive without being able to work through recovery.  I know she could use your prayers and lovins...

I'm gonna sign out for now..I want to hit a few more blogs (though not hard enough you will feel it, I promise.*Bigsmile* and a few more reviews and check out the contests before I go to bed.  I'm also thinking of joining the A1 Writing Academy....

I'm thankful today for many things.  But the two that stand out are 1. School is scheduled to be in session and on time tomorrow and 2.  All of my friends but especially the one I spent the day with.

sending hugs
Vicky

© Copyright 2007 hoosiermomma2 (UN: hoosiermomma2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
hoosiermomma2 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/488964-A-Hodgepodge