*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/489196-Monday-Monday
Rated: 18+ · Book · Family · #1201314
Who am I, Where am I Going, and Where have I been? The story of my life!
#489196 added February 19, 2007 at 10:34pm
Restrictions: None
Monday, Monday
Feb 19, 2007

Yes, it's Monday.  As far as Monday's go it hasn't been too bad.  We got to sleep in a bit today because we had a 2 hour delay.  Which means that even though they finally went back...J was still home because he's a morning preschooler and if they delay, they don't have preschool.  The child hasn't been to school in over a week and if something doesn't give soon I'm going to forget that he's actually the easier of my two children..most of the time. 

Abraham Lincoln.  16th President of the United States of America.  Only president to ever recieve a patent.  I know lots about Abraham Lincoln.  That would be because we just finished an extra credit project on him...well..it was C's choice which president to use...but this project could be worth 100 points extra credit.  We've known about this for about 3 weeks and she just couldnt' decide what to do.  This afternoon we finally figured that all out ( I should've pushed more for her to decide...but procrastination is our family motto..lol)  The poster is actually pretty cute...The three of us did it together..and J did his part by watching a movie in big sisters room while we worked...lol...My beloved hates it when we end up helping her with stuff like this...(we have this issue with 4H too) but I think ..she's 10 and it's ok to help.  She pulled the facts to use (though I did help her find the sites)  She cut the printed stuff out, decided where to put stuff, etc...My husband typed stuff and printed it out...I traced hats on the board and helped look for info...maybe she should have done more...but I think...it's important for us to be involved..and she did make the decisions and did alot of the work.......thankfully it's done. 

Last weekend we signed the kids up for ball....C plays softball..this will be J's first year in tball.  It won't start for a couple of months...but the countdown is on.  By the same token, 4H started this month.  From late March/Early April until Julyish...it will be nonstop in the evenings.  Especially once the games actually start.  Last year we had ball 4 or 5 nights a week -games or practice(she's in fastpitch)  We don't allow her to play games after 9..on school nights.  School let out in June, then we had ball tournement...a week off ..then camp, a week off then 4H fair, then VBS.  Then things finally slow down.  This year, will be better..she is doing less projects..and she won't be going to camp until later in July ..so after tournament and fair.  Ya live and ya learn. 

I heard something on a Kleenex commercial tonight..and I loved it..and it fit me so well...spoke to me actually

They said basically.... I still cry...because my tears don't take away from my strength.


It helps me so much when I'm reminded of those things. 


I'm wiped out tonight, so I'm going to bed.  I'll catch up on blogs tomorrow. K?

Sending ya'll hugs
Vicky

© Copyright 2007 hoosiermomma2 (UN: hoosiermomma2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
hoosiermomma2 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/489196-Monday-Monday