*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/489360-The-movers-timing-sucks
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1203635
Blogging from a natural-born ranter.
#489360 added February 22, 2007 at 5:39pm
Restrictions: None
The mover's timing sucks!
I just spent another four hours screwing around with utilities. The town says we don't belong with them, the electric company says there is no service there, the township (another entity entirely) is only open Wednesday and Friday, 9 am to noon. No kidding. After calling everyone I could find, searching all over the web, and turning the air blue, I called my real estate agent.

My agent, Taylor Lapidus of Keller Williams Realty (http://www.theabramsteam.com), is a saint. What should have been a three or four day deal has turned into six months of agonizing and hand-holding. He has been so super, so upbeat and cheerful, I just can't believe it. Maybe he's a little surly when he gets home at night, but I've never seen any evidence of it. So, I finally give up on the gas and electric, and call Taylor. I know there were lights and heat in the house the last time I saw it! It has to come from somewhere. He finds out exactly who the last owners used, along with data I can use to prove to the companies that they did indeed provide service to the house. Then he phones me back to say look for the e-mail, where it's all typed out nice and neat for me.

There was a lot of noise in the background, so I asked Taylor what airport he was at. He's on a vacation, on a cruise ship, in the Florida area. And he's wasting his time doing more crap for me! He was still even cheerful about it! What a guy. I'll do something extra nice for him, as soon as I can figure out what. No commission he's earning on this sale is enough.

So, at last I contact the gas company. Turns out they'll do electricity, too. All right! They even seem to agree that the house exists.

Okay, now why does the mover's timing suck? I swear, no kidding or exaggeration, I had just finished with the gas company when the phone rings. It's the movers. As a special service to their customers they'll get all the utilities set up, including phone, internet, and cable.

I'd happily strangle somebody if I could figure out who.

© Copyright 2007 Chriswriter (UN: wordwarrior at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chriswriter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/489360-The-movers-timing-sucks