*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/490679
Rated: E · Book · Fantasy · #1223929
Demons, Vampires, Love, Decite, what more could Renee ask for? maybe a normal life?
#490679 added July 3, 2008 at 5:35pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 3- Secrets
I woke up in the next morning and found myself in a very unfamiliar bed. I sat up and panicked as horrid thoughts ran through my head. Fear gripped my stomach as worse case scenarios plunged into my thoughts; rape, drugs, I gulped, torture. I took a quick invatory of my body, my head feels fine, check. Wiggling my fingers and my toes, check, check. My stomach was no worse for wear other then the raw fear of not having a clue as to what was going on just gnawing away the my sensitive stomach lining. As I took the first look around I found the room to be not as scary as I had presumed upon my awakening. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath to calm my frantic heart from beating its way out of my chest and in doing so I lay myself on the bed thinking of what I was to do for a while. I heard the door open but I never heard it shut, I bolted upright in the bed and came face to face with my abductor.


I glared at him as mean as I knew how and snarled,

“Who are you and where am I?”


I demanded an answer trying to sound convincingly bitch and I even attempted a don’t-f***-with-me tone, failing miserably, but the man took no notice of my plea. Again in my mind I felt the electricity touch to me, basically lulling me to have no hostilities and be open with all my trust,

<i>‘You are here with me, you are safe, so sorry to sound rude but I must have your name.’</i>
I gave him a sideways glance, not yet noticing that my scowl had been wiped clean off my face, his own held a smug smile of, what looked like to me, sheer triumph. As if I was a trophy of some kind. Thinking of a way to wipe that smug look off his face, I countered with,

“Renee, Who are you,” I spat in his direction hoping my unhappy incentive was now well known. I retorted his query in hopes that mine would be soon answered in return. Little did I realize I was willingly helping. Me, cooperative?


“Sorry, I am Stanton,” he looked confused as if it hadn’t occurred to him that I might want to know his name. ‘What the hell is wrong with people lately?’ Suddenly I remembered a silent dream, completely random but still painfully familiar somehow, but looking into his face it all seemed vaguely connected somehow. That man and the woman, reaching out for a child, theirs I had always guessed. This man had been there but I’d never met any of those people before and I sure as hell haven’t ever met this “Stanton” before.


‘It doesn’t matter I know it’s just one of those stupid dreams I get from eating food before bed, mom started to think I was on drugs because I had that dream so much.’


Stanton stood there looking like I was the first human he had ever seen, jeez what the hell are you smoking buddy? His eyes looked comfortably glazed over and I waved my hand in front on them,


“Yoo-hoo, earth to...um, Stanton?” his eyelids, looking heavy as though he was exhausted, slowly closed. I heard a grumbling sound, almost like he was clearing his throat and trying not to choke at the same time. In a time frame of about three seconds he took a deep breath and then looked like he wasn’t breathing at all.


Without opening his eyes he spoke slowly, and I strained to hear every word, “What did you say your name was again?” I was taken aback that he had actually spoken a complete sentence, even though it was barely an audible whisper, it was definitely a start.


“Renee, why?” I tried to look confident and carefree, but I knew that confusion and worry were painted all over my face.


He straitened himself and opened his eyes, looking right into mine. His face was as blank as my homework usually was, but as normally annoyed and unnerved as I would get when people (especially ones who kidnap me) don’t show their emotions, even anger or confusion, I somehow felt perfectly safe. My foot twitched and I wiggled my toes welcoming the fact they were warm.


The room was a comfortable silence for along time, all I paid attention to was the rise and fall of Stanton’s chest as he breathed, our breathing itself had become simultaneous.
After about a good five minutes had past my leg fell asleep, maybe it didn’t help I was sitting on it without care so I moved and shook my leg to regain feeling and then, like a flash of a camera, I saw something in his eyes, the same thing I saw, what was it, last night?


“What?” I kept my eyes on his in hopes that maybe just maybe I could find what ever it was that he felt, but they had once again regained no emotion.
© Copyright 2008 prettypinkme (UN: prettypinkme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
prettypinkme has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/490679