*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/490701
Rated: E · Book · Fantasy · #1223929
Demons, Vampires, Love, Decite, what more could Renee ask for? maybe a normal life?
#490701 added July 4, 2008 at 5:29pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 5- Trust Complex
When I think about it the only thing that should keep me from trusting him is the fact that he kidnapped my in the middle of the night no rhyme no reason, at lest as far as I know’

Oh, no that happens all the time people joke about it even, HA. What was wrong with me? Hm, maybe Jonah was putting drugs in my coffee, why else would I feel this overwhelming need to trust this total stranger. What could possibly be the reason for just wanting, almost painfully, needing to be with him, near him. God what’s wrong with me?


I shook my head, how else was I going to find out what I need to know, I gave in with an outward sigh,

What other choice did I have? He looked at me, but yet again I didn't know what he was thinking about, another sigh.


My gaze was locked with his, as the electricity of his eyes ensnared me. I forgot everything else that was going on around us and I looked into his eyes that seemed to lead into his soul, I felt as if a blanket was being drawn away from me. I felt a new awareness of Stanton and I realized that I could feel his feelings and hear, or I guess, read, his thoughts freely.


I could tell that he was feeling distressed over something, his thoughts raced and felt messy, hope and fear gripped the back of his mind and thoughts of me never strayed far from anywhere I probed. After a duration of almost five minutes he must have felt the blanket thing too since he stirred and his eyes eased their pressuring stare on me.


His authoritative expression softened and the distress sensation was immediately eliminated from him, being replaced by an alternative passion. An infatuation, hope and still anxiety forcefully goaded me as I surveyed all I could of his sub-consciousness. I had a wary suspicion of who he could feel this devotion for, and I ached to ask but I couldn’t bring myself to it.


In a way I wanted that person to be me, but I knew that was foolish and conceded. I look at him in question, I wanted him to know that I was curious to his life, but I would let him be the first to let me in. After a few minutes I could feel a push in me as if he was probing me like I was him, I pulled away from his thoughts and returned to mine own. I concentrated on finding this source of fuzzy, warm, and uncomfortable prod like buzz, I found Stanton’s presence looking at what I had just seen, his feeling of compassionate devotion to protect a unique being he thought in a way fragile.


I felt the same sensation in Stanton now that I saw in his eyes, not ten minutes ago. We both pulled back to ourselves and looked at each other.

His eyes looked at me nervously, as if I saw something I wasn’t supposed to know.

“How much did you see?” his voice was warm, despite its adamant working hard not to falter and lose control.

“You mean everything I saw and felt, did?” slowly Stanton nodded me to continue. “Well, at first everything just kind of disappeared and it was only you and me, but all I could see was your eyes, you didn’t do something to me like hypnosis did you?” I unexpectedly deviated from my explanation in confusion of what actually happened.

“Just tell me everything that you felt, saw, and did just a few minutes ago.” He encouraged me to carry on.

I looked at him suspiciously, but resumed with my description of what had just happened.

“Fine, as I was saying, all I really saw was your eyes, they looked really blue. Ok, then it felt like a blanket thing was, um,” I made a pushing motion with my hands to best describe the feeling to him. He nodded as I should have expected and I was compelled to continue my rendition of the feeling I felt and thoughts I read.
© Copyright 2008 prettypinkme (UN: prettypinkme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
prettypinkme has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/490701