*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/490997-And-He-said-NO
Rated: 18+ · Book · Family · #1201314
Who am I, Where am I Going, and Where have I been? The story of my life!
#490997 added February 27, 2007 at 3:36pm
Restrictions: None
And He said NO!
Feb 27, 2007

On Sunday our Pastor gave a sermon on Luke 4-Jesus temptation by Satan. And my pastor made note, on more than one occasion during his sermon, that before Jesus healed anyone, before He did any miracles, the first thing He did...was say no.  Satan offered Him all sorts of wonderful things..food for his hungery stomach-having been fasting for 40 days, power, fame, glory...But Jesus knew that while those things Satan was offering were going to lead Him down the wrong path and away from His fathers plan.

As a society, many of us have difficulty saying No..whether it be to a friend, to our children, to ourselves.  We get in over our head financially because we want the "good things" in life.  We get overcommited because we don't want to hurt anyone's feelings or dont' want to refuse to help a cause we support.  We want people to like us. 

But this passage shows us that it is sometimes even more important to say no than it is to say yes.  We need to be in prayer and in thought about our choices..making decisions because they are the right ones, the ones we believe God wants for us...and not just because it suits our feelings at the time. 

In my house, we struggle with that alot.  We have trouble saying no to what we want.  We have trouble saying no to committments and commitees.  And sometimes we say yes when we should say no and end up having do something we don't feel called to do and wish we had said no.

Sometimes the biggest favor we can do for ourselves is say no...and choose very carefully what we choose to say yes to.  Jesus said no...


I'm still processing the sermon and my thoughts on it.  I would love to hear your thoughts on this.

blessings
Vicky

© Copyright 2007 hoosiermomma2 (UN: hoosiermomma2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
hoosiermomma2 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/490997-And-He-said-NO