*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/491562
Rated: E · Book · Fantasy · #1223929
Demons, Vampires, Love, Decite, what more could Renee ask for? maybe a normal life?
#491562 added March 1, 2007 at 6:13pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 8- Rivalry
I looked at Renee still doubtful and irate, but willing to listen to why my brother had returned after deceiving us.

“Give him another chance, to make amends. Stanton, he was selfish back then, yes, but he has changed, he knows how much this means to you, give him another chance, please?” Draven was trying hard to win me over and make me willing to except Alex again, I hated to say but my little brother was right, I had to give Alex another chance, maybe he did change, but if he didn’t and he was just playing us to get close to Renee and break her again, he would pay.

I looked at Alex and I could tell that he knew that I had agreed.

‘You wont touch her, you wont break her like you did Brittney. If you f***ing hurt her again, I will finish you this time.’ I made a bold and daring threat to Alex, but to keep Renee safe it was like eating cake.

‘Don’t worry baby brother, I’m all eyes.’ He had his sly smile on his face, a real winner it was, always, with all the girls, and I couldn’t help but stifle a reluctant groan.

“Well, it looks like I might be forgiven?”

Alex walked up to Renee took her free hand in his, brought it to his lips, gave it a kiss, and said,

“I’m so sorry that we had to meet under such tense circumstances,” he cast me a sideways glance, “but I am sure that you will forgive me, right?”

I could feel Renee’s uneasy feeling and I knew that he was talking to her in her mind.

“Well I’m sure we are going to have plenty of time.” She took her hand back and spoke to me silently.

‘Does she even know what you are, why you rudely interrupted her life and kidnapped her.’ Alex teased me with his cruel accusations.

‘She isn’t ready for that yet Alex, and don’t you dare tell her.’ My threat was weak cause he knew the only thing that could wipe him out is the one thing left from who could take him on so long ago.

‘Oh, ho, Stanton has out himself in a pretty sticky situation now, hasn’t he? Tisk tisk Stanton you should know better then to keep your captives in the dark about what who they should fear, now baby brother would you like me to take this burden off your shoulders?’ he knows that he’s getting to me, he’s going to try something I just know it.

‘Alex, you’d better keep away from Renee or you’ll wish you never laid eyes on her.’ Again, I was the weaker individual pressing my luck with a rabid bulldog.

‘Or what baby brother, you’ll torture my mind into crippleness? Stanton, you make me laugh, you know you never stood a fighting chance against me, but you always tried. That’s why he wanted you, that’s why he wanted you first, he knew you had what he only needed but he also knew your will was as strong as your mind. So he went for me, no I’m not insulted by being a second choice, I’m delighted to, now, be held at much higher respects then you ever were.’ Alex was tarring at wounds already healed, but as they easily tore open he knew just how much they still hadn’t.

‘Alex, I suggest that you leave, because you know once she finds out you wont be able to defeat her like you did her parents.’ Knowing that Renee was still stronger then he made my push a little more concrete.
© Copyright 2007 prettypinkme (UN: prettypinkme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
prettypinkme has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/491562