*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/491842
Rated: E · Book · Fantasy · #1223929
Demons, Vampires, Love, Decite, what more could Renee ask for? maybe a normal life?
#491842 added March 2, 2007 at 5:31pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 9- Honesty Revealed, Painfully
Stanton and Alex stared at each other for a long time, as I look around, everyone had expressions as if they knew exactly what was going on.

“Stanton, what’s going on?” I was starting to get worried because everyone was acting so calm, ‘what am I missing, what aren’t you telling me Stanton?’

“There’s a lot I’m not telling you Renee, I’m sorry but I’ve kept things from you, I know you probably want to know, but I don’t believe your ready yet, I just don’t think you would understand.” He answered my question as if he was reading my mind. ‘What the hell is going on?! I have to be dreaming, this kind of thing can’t happen to me, my life is to boring.’

“That wasn’t your real life, Renee. You’ve been living a lie.” As he spoke his last words hit me in slow motion.

“You don’t know me, you don’t know my life, why should I believe you when you say that? Yes my life may be boring but I’m sure it’s as real a life as I’m sure this has to be a dream.” I started to ramble on, I didn’t know what to say or how to say it. I know I’m not speaking in sensible words any more, but my mouth is still trying to form words without me.

“Renee, this isn’t a dream, and yes the life you know to be real has been a lie for the past twelve years, Renee your not who or what you think.” As he spoke his words hit me like a million pieces of glass shattering my life, as I knew it.

“What the hell are you trying to do, what the hell are you saying?!” I know I’m becoming hostile, but at the moment I don’t give a damn.

The look on his face troubled me to the point of where I could scream.

“Why won’t you tell me!” I finally screamed in release to my frustration, I watch him grimace at my eruption of rage. His eyes looked sadly discouraged, but no one in the room came to his aid.

“I’m guessing that what ever you are keeping from me, you either have been keeping it from all of them as well,” I gestured with my hands to include all of the people in the large room. “Or they know but none of them can say because it is your job to continue f***ing with my head?”

He appeared so ashamed it was hard to keep my harsh tone and to continue with my even harsher accusation. Just as I was about to continue, maybe even apologize for being so hateful, he put his hand up to keep me from interrupting and as soon as he was sure I wasn’t going to interject, he explained, slowly, chewing on every word, making sure it was really what he wanted to say and how he wanted to say it. Finally he confessed,

“Renee, I am a demon,” I stood there, mouth agape, in front of all these people I didn’t even know, not knowing if I wanted to cry or die or run screaming. I stayed there, in disbelief, in quiet, in my own battle of turmoil, he continued as I half listened.

“Now before you go jumping to conclusions I am not like what the media in your world portrays. Yes, I have powers but I am not quote unquote bad. Ok, now last night I know you felt me there that is why you are so special and also why I have taken you here. Now, Renee, what I am about to tell you is not going to be easy but you have to believe me.” His eyes looked soft and hopeful but what I saw most of was worry, “Renee, I believe you are a demon like me.”

I looked at him as if he had just grown fangs out of his eyes. I wanted to laugh and say ‘ok, wow, ha nice joke there’, but somehow, I don’t know how, but I just knew he wasn’t lying. I just stared at him for a long time, waiting, for what I don’t know, maybe for more of an explanation, maybe for proof.

When he did none of those, except just stand there watching me as if he thought I would sprout wings and fly away. Eventually I got irritated with his rudimentary staring game and broke the silence by shouting,

“What do you mean what your trying to tell me is I have ‘powers’ and s***?” I amazed myself, taking another breath I continued on my rampage, “Am I supposed to believe you and go along with another life start over and learn how to do things all over is that what I am supposed to do?! Let you make me someone I’m not and haven’t been for eighteen years!”

I stopped talking cause I knew if I sustained my argument I would lose my advantage. My self-control snapped and I burst into tears, I slapped my face into my hands and cried violently. Stanton immediately strode over to me, and swiftly took me in his arms then and made me rest my head on his shoulder. He caressed my back tenderly until I was calm enough to catch my breath. He looked into my eyes and spoke gently.

“Renee I need you to be strong I need you to stay with me so I can teach you because you are very special.”

I just looked at him and let myself consider his appeal. Tears began to swell with the burn of gushing from my eyes, again, of complete frustration.

He looked at me unmistakably pleased with me, all I could do was look back, into his never-ending blue eyes.
© Copyright 2007 prettypinkme (UN: prettypinkme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
prettypinkme has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/491842