*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/492802
Rated: E · Book · Fantasy · #1223929
Demons, Vampires, Love, Decite, what more could Renee ask for? maybe a normal life?
#492802 added March 5, 2007 at 9:30pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 10- The Family News
“Renee I need you to be strong I need you to stay with me so I can teach you because you are very special.”

As I begged for her to understand, I need to make sure she believes me, I cant lose her, she needs me.

‘Well, looks like your puppet doesn’t want to be your puppet anymore. Maybe I can be her saving grace, protecting her from you, she’ll trust me while hating you.’ Alex, knowingly pissing me off, grinned at me, beaming. Knowing he would soon make his move I pulled Renee away from him and the rest of the gang, back to my room this time, to talk to her in privet.

‘A tad protective of her are we?’{i/} Alex taunted me for taking Renee a some-what safe distance away from him.

Pulling Renee into my room and, not on purpose, violently closed the door behind me.

“What the hell is going on Stanton, and what the hell is your problem?!” Renee finally let me have it, releasing what she had probably been stuffing inside ever since she felt my betrayal.

She dropped her head into her hands and began to cry, letting it all out, all the frustration I had caused over the past not even twenty-four hours.

‘What am I supposed to do she needs to know what and who she really is, and why she doesn’t remember being a child.’

“Renee, do you know what I’m talking about?” I tried to wrap my arms comfortingly around her, but I only got a push and a ‘I don’t need you’ after about five minutes she calmed down enough and looked at me with puffy eyes and flush cheeks.

“Fine, tell me I don’t care you’ve ruined things enough, I guess you couldn’t possibly blow anymore smoke.”

I looked at her, terrified she wouldn’t believe me and horrified she would believe me, but that she would hate me.

“All right, I guess I should start from the beginning or do you want to ask the questions and I will answer.”

She looked at me with a blank stare, desperately trying not to break down and stay strong, just looking in her eyes I knew she wanted to know what I had to tell her more than anything. She swallowed hard and took a deep breath.

“Tell me everything.” She seemed to flinch at the fact that maybe she would believe a total stranger who, she thought, knew nothing about her, but really knows more truth then even she.

“Renee, you’re a demon, and your parents were the first, and most powerful, demons this world ever saw.” Just like that, I hit her with the biggest peace of news she might ever have to deal with in her whole life, before me and after.

Her face lost most of its color and for a second I though she even stopped breathing. She looked hurt, like I killed her spirit. I moved forward to comfort her, let her know that this wasn’t the end, only the beginning.

“Renee, I know this is going to be hard, but you have to believe me, I wont let anything happen to you, I promise.”

She looked at me with her eyes, glassed over with tears that fell down her cheek. In my attempts to take her mind of the burden I had given her I asked her about her casting out her senses.

“Renee, do you remember when you told me about that ‘blanket feeling’ you had earlier? Do you know now what that really was? Would you like to know?”
Nodding her head she sat up to look me in the eye.

“That is a part of who and what you are, its one of your abilities, It is called casting out your senses.” I stopped for a second to make sure she was following me and not confused. “Do you get the gist so far?”

“Yeah I guess I do.” Nodding she ensured me I could continue.

“Renee, do you have any idea how you did that, cast out your senses? Anything in particular you tried to do, were concentrating on?” I interrogated her kindly, but not without a little encouraging urgency.

“I guess it was almost like I was relaxed, and I had let down my guard because I didn’t feel that I would need to defend myself against you.” She slid her fingers through her hair, taking in a deep breath.
© Copyright 2007 prettypinkme (UN: prettypinkme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
prettypinkme has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/492802