*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/499322-A-writer-at-heart
Rated: 18+ · Book · Family · #1201314
Who am I, Where am I Going, and Where have I been? The story of my life!
#499322 added April 3, 2007 at 1:38pm
Restrictions: None
A writer at heart
April 3, 2007

I believe that God creates in all of us a dream (well probably many different dreams-but you get the point).  Something that sits within our hearts, a longing, a desire, a place where we feel we belong. Something we may not always figure out easily but something that we respond to deep within ouselves when we find it.

For me, that is writing.  I guess I've always written to some point or another but it's only been in the last couple of years I've really started recognize it and only within the last few months that I've done it on any kind of regular basis. 

Last month was  a difficult month for me emotionally.  It was the 5th anniversary of my mom's death.  It saw my 4 year old son very sick and brings back the frustrations we deal with because of recurrent sinus infections and trying to figure out WHY he has them. 

It was also a good month as I reconnected with an old friend, basketball season started for my 10 year old, my husband got a good review at a new job and I spent some much needed time with my sister.

But I didn't do much writing.  I blogged..I have my blog  hereat writing.com and a journal at cafe mom that I just started, and blogging IS writing, I truly believe that.  But I have stories I'm working on and contests I wish to enter at WDC and outside of here...I didn't get to work much on any of that.

But today I did.  Today I worked on a couple of things and it thrilled me to the depths of my being.  I struggle with whether I'm very good at it...whether it will be much more than an idle hobby..and I guess it doesnt' really matter if it is or not..because it very much answers that need deep within me.  I may be shy about letting those around me know that I'm writing...but I'm proud of myself for doing it and I can't wait to create some more.

What do you do in your life that answers that call deep within you?

© Copyright 2007 hoosiermomma2 (UN: hoosiermomma2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
hoosiermomma2 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/499322-A-writer-at-heart