*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/500224-The-Inner-Fear
Rated: 18+ · Book · Adult · #593232
This is my book of poetry that I hope to eventually publish with photos.
#500224 added April 7, 2007 at 2:16pm
Restrictions: None
The Inner Fear
"I can't let you live this way," he said, deep in thought. "It's not fair."

"It's not fair to trust, it's not fair to live, it's not fair to die, it's not fair to quit, it's not fair to try, it's not fair to cry. It's not fair to live in the world that we live in. It's not fair that nothing is fair. Nothing is fair until you win."

"You talk in circles, my dear," his voice trembled. "I love you and I know that you're confused. Let me help you."

"How exactly do you plan to do that? With the help of doctors? Councilors? No? Those who love the night fear the morning and hide come dawn."

"You're doing it again," he shuddered.

"Yet those who live, breathe and love the day, fear the night. I do neither. I only love the fear I feel of you."

"Come now. I tire of this. Take my hand. I'll help you."

"But, what if people fear fear? What is there to fear, then, besides fear itself? They can't live without dying, yet they fear the fear that comes with living. Is that the way you and I are? Do you fear fear?"

"No. Stop this." He whispered.

"Or, do you just fear the unknown? Do you fear me?" Rising to her feet, she continued. "Now that I stand before you, in all my secrets, do you fear me?"

"No," he said doubtfully.

"Oh, yes you do. I can see the fear in your eyes. And you think you can help me? No. The fear can't help the courage. The day can't help the night. The sane can't help the insane." She turned and left him standing alone, shaking from the realization. She was insane and she almost took him down with her.

© Copyright 2007 DragonWrites~The Fire Faerie~ (UN: mystdancer50 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
DragonWrites~The Fire Faerie~ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/500224-The-Inner-Fear