*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/502865-Psycho-Kittieandthe-pain-of-NOT-crying
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#502865 added April 19, 2007 at 11:55pm
Restrictions: None
Psycho Kittie.....and...the pain of NOT crying
Our younger cat really is strange. I wonder if she'll ever grow up. She runs around the house like a....well, like she's nuts sometimes. My son thinks she's totally lacking a brain, 'cause she doesn't appear to be able to learn some things. I'm not sure. She has learned the things she wants to do, just not the things she shouldn't do. *Smile* It's like having a terrible two around who doesn't get any older, though. A bit tiring. But she really is good at purring - LOUDLY - when she thinks she has maybe gone a bit too far. Then she crawls up into my lap and looks at me with such sweet, innocent eyes and turns on that purring motor. Boy does she know me. I can't get angry when she's like that. So. Is she stupid? Probably not.

I'm avoiding TV and news media today. It's not that I don't want to know what's going on about Virginia Tech. But, one of my fibro problems is dry eye. Last year, my eye doc put some plugs in my eye lids (although he didn't finish the job 'cause we haven't finished paying for what he did do), to try to help the situation. From what I've learned, though, it might be a lost cause. Folks with fibro can get dry eye. Folks on the medications I take can get dry eye. Folks who have worn contact lenses for 40 years can get dry eye. Add all of those factors together, and it's no wonder I have it.

And having dry eye has been down right painful these last few days. I never knew how physically painful it could be when you want - need - to cry but can't. It's like all the emotions have just bunched up inside of me and have no where or no way to escape. By avoiding watching any more news coverage, I have somewhat avoided adding to the pain.


My poor son is having trouble with his hands. It's been mostly pain, but now he's losing feeling in his right hand. His dominant hand. Turns out that at work he spends at least 3 of the 8 hours using a (retail) scan gun. I've used those myself, but never for that long in any one day. I can't imagine using one 3+ hours a day every day - for two years. He's been searching the internet and thinks it might be carpal tunnel. He's worried about the cost of treating it and if surgery might be necessary, etc. I think I eased his fears a bit on that. I think since it's a work related thing that it might be covered by worker's comp. I hope so for his sake.


I was doing some searching last night and discovered that this church has one of my writings on its web site. I half-way remember them asking if they could use it. I've had at least 5 churches ask to use my writings in the past few years. I've always said yes.

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:TTHPTLMMRzQJ:www.westsideupc.org/%20Marilyn...

I guess that's all for today. My computer acted up most of the day. For some reason, my DSL was showing that I had a connection, but it wouldn't actually let me view any pages with Internet Explorer. I finally had to uninstall and reinstall my Netgear. Then when I re-booted, it insisted on starting in safe mode. I used scan disk and it discovered some errors. Then the whole process started over again, with not being able to connect to anything. Perhaps I wasn't supposed to be online much today. *Smile*

And now I'm tired.

Nighty-nite.

© Copyright 2007 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/502865-Psycho-Kittieandthe-pain-of-NOT-crying