*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/503358-A-draft-so-rough-you-need-a-4-wheel-drive-to-get-through-it
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1031855
Closed for business, but be sure to check out my new place!
#503358 added April 22, 2007 at 11:22am
Restrictions: None
A draft so rough you need a 4-wheel drive to get through it
Isn't that a great title?

I came up with it during an email conversation with susanL . In my previous entry she wrote: I've had that very same itch...I mentioned it to Thomas and we came up with providing prompts to each other...just in case you'd like one, I'll challenge you like I did him. Try writing a 1000 word short story in a genre you've never tried before. It could be fun and enlightening! *Delight*

I accepted her challenge, but said I needed a deadline otherwise I'd never do it. Generous lady that she is, she gave me until tonight at midnight. I still liked the idea, but warned her it would likely be incoherent.

She smoothed over my angst by saying she understood it would be a rough draft.

"Rough?" I wrote back. "Sweetheart, this story will be so rough, you'll need a 4-wheel drive vehicle to get through it!"

Well, I made it with just over 12 hours to spare. I'd edit it more, but I have plans for the rest of the day. I also broke one of the rules. She required a 1000 word story, but mine ended up 1744. However, I like the story enough -- and at this point don't forsee cutting any words and still make it any good -- I'm hoping she'll let that part slide.

For your reading, um, pleasure, here it is:

 Bought and Paid For  (18+)
No one could love Gwen now, especially not her husband.
#1251809 by vivacious


She said to write in a genre I never tried, so I gave Romance a shot. You're welcome to give me reviews, but mostly I want you to look for something in particular.

Though not religious, I based this story on a book in the Bible. 2,000 GPs to the first person to guess the correct one.

© Copyright 2007 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/503358-A-draft-so-rough-you-need-a-4-wheel-drive-to-get-through-it