*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS

Member Blogs
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/504526-Dentistry-what-is-it-coming-to
Rated: E · Book · Self Help · #1212087
This is my blog where I get to whine about writing.
#504526 added April 27, 2007 at 1:07pm
Restrictions: None
Dentistry what is it coming to?
Hello Ladies and Gents.



  Today I am a might bit disturbed about something that happened in my boyfriends life. 

I should start out by saying he recently lost his job due to a shoulder injury. 

Being that he had lost his job he also lost his health benefits more to the point his dental benefits.  Now he had been having work done on his teeth and all that he needed  was the filing and a cap completed.

  He had informed the dental office that he had lost his job and was low on funds.  The dentist gave him some paperwork to show proof that he had not been working told him to fill this out and have someone sign it to verify the info (that would be me) so they could help him pay for the fill and cap.

He got on this right away in-between looking for suitable work that wouldn't hurt his shoulder further.  This man is a hard working man, he pays his taxes and keeps out of trouble and at this point feels hopeful to get his dental work finished. 

Hold on Dear reader this is the disturbing part. 

My love returns to the office with paperwork in hand filled out and feeling pretty good about life and the world in general.  He hands over the paperwork to the dentist and is then abruptly  taken to the back office where he is now informed that he has to pay today's visit in full!  Looking shocked he reminds them of the paperwork they asked him to fill out.

They tell him he does not qualify.  However if he was a transient or drug addicted or a single mom he would get all the work done he needed.   

    Hello What!  Does this make sense to you gentle reader?

Don't get me wrong.  Single moms need all the help they can get that is just circumstances. Homeless people need help unless they choose to be homeless but who chooses that? 

Drug addicts?!!  If someone is a meth addict would they still get new teeth?  That would be throwing good money after bad.  They would just mess them up all over again.  This is my disturbing thought.

People who really try to do the right thing, work hard and keep clean are punished. People who don't are rewarded. 

This is indeed a sad state of affairs.

                  Let me hear your thoughts on this matter.  Maybe it is just me that it bothers.  I am betting not.





© Copyright 2007 Wendy Ann Williams (UN: dolphinways at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wendy Ann Williams has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/504526-Dentistry-what-is-it-coming-to