*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/505582-Dont-tell-me-CANT
Rated: ASR · Book · Personal · #1242039
A look at who Daizy is. My very first blog/journal.
#505582 added May 2, 2007 at 8:23am
Restrictions: None
Don't tell me 'CAN'T'
I was thinking of an incident from the past that indicates a little of my inner workings. For around 25 years I lived with my husband on his father's land. There was around 140 acres that included: a small private lake, woods, pine woods, garden, fruit trees and bushes, (both cultivated and wild), and a small old barn that hadn't seen animals for many years. Some of the property was owned alone by my father-in-law, some was owned by his brother George and some was shared by them both. The setting was a bit of Heaven. My son wrote a poem about it.
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1214375 by Not Available.


The day came when they decided the barn must be torn down. It was arranged to have the neighbor dig a HUGE pit with his backhoe, knock down the barn, shove the wood into the pit, and burn it. As we were waiting for first load in the pit, to burn down a little, I noticed a metal rod sticking out of the ground. It was about as big around as your ring finger, well mine anyway. I was afraid someone would get hurt, so I started working at it, to get it out of the ground. I pushed it back and forth to get the ground around it loosened up. Then I would try to pull it and wiggle it around some more.

My husband saw me doing this and snidely said, 'You can't do that!' Those words have always made my blood boil. Don't try to stifle me in my attempts. Either help me, encourage me or shut up and leave me alone. The neighbor must have seen that very emotion spread across my face. He said, "You're going to get that out of there, aren't you?' I answered in the affirmative, and proceeded to pull the rod out of the ground.

There is something in my nature that has to figure out a way to make it work. In most aspects of my life, this is a good thing. Maybe that is why I have found it so hard to let God have control. I want to figure it out and make it work. I have finally come to the place where I can let Him tell me what will and will not work.

That much I have figured out for myself.


© Copyright 2007 Daizy May (UN: daizy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Daizy May has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/505582-Dont-tell-me-CANT