*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/507845-Strong-words
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#507845 added May 12, 2007 at 6:23pm
Restrictions: None
Strong words
From my inbox today.


Dr. Rick Scarborough: "I make my living and fulfill my calling as a minister because of the cherished God-given rights acknowledged in the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. So obviously I believe all other Americans have a right to freely express their views and opinions on any subject they choose. When I express my opinions, as I do, I expect a reaction, and believe me we get reactions. We are never shocked when a call or email comes to our offices filled with expletives and even threats. We take strong stands and express moral outrage when we feel it is appropriate.

That said, I believe that many in Congress, the press, academia, Hollywood and even retired military, are committing acts that border on treason as they assail our President’s policies regarding the execution of the War on Terror.

America was united when this war was initiated. Hindsight is always 20/20, though it is clear to any informed observer that hindsight regarding the War on Terror is selective. Looking back over the past five years we can see numerous mistakes in the way the war has been executed, but we must never forget that we have not had a single successful strike on American soil since 9-11. To God be all praise and thanks for that! But President Bush deserves credit for his steadfast resolve in facing the evil of militant Islamist terrorists in the Middle East.

Only fools and blind men believe that withdrawal from Iraq at this stage of the game will not result in the massive slaughter of innocent human life. Generals certainly ought to know better. It seems that "Treason is in Season" in America and none dare call it that! "

Read the rest of this article at http://www.visionamerica.us/site/News2?abbr=RSR&page=NewsArticle&id=7462

I'm responding to Bud's comment here. I though I would just add a comment of my own, but knowing my wordiness, I figured...

I don't usually make comments here, but this one deserves it. Bud, we serve and share the same God, but we don't exactly agree on politics. And that's okay. We have that freedom in the good 'ol US of A. *Smile*

This man speaks much closer to my heart than any of the Hollywood types who have been against the President from day one.

I certainly don't want a theocracy. But I do want a government where the leaders are honest men and women, not persons who lie. Scarborough says hindsight is 20/20. He's right. What bugs me about the politicians who did vote to go to war and who now say "they didn't know..." is that many are just downright lying. The did know. They knew what the President knew. But at the time, they knew that the American public was all for going. And now the American public thinks it's against being there, so the politicians are going to say what they think we want to hear. Not what's true. Not what's necessarily right even. Just what we want to hear.

I want everyone - no matter what they believe - to REMEMBER that our documents DO NOT SAY that there is or should be separation of church and state. They DO SAY that I have freedom OF religion. That that means that I am free to take a Bible to work, free to read it on my break. A child is free to write about Jesus in a paper, if the topic is supposed to be "inspirational". He should be free to write about church camp if the paper is supposed to be about what he did in the summer.

The Bible tells us that we should respect our leaders. I think that covers our spiritual leaders as well as our government leaders, especially when the government leaders do claim to serve and love the same God as we do. But just following the two commandments that Jesus said were most important - loving God and loving our neighbor - gives us the command to respect and honor, for what is love without those?

We will never agree with everyone. But disagreeing should be done with that same love and honor and respect. And, frankly, the folks that Scarborough talks about are anything but respectful. Some of the things they say are mean and ugly, not just disagreeing. Some are about their own interests, and not about the interests of us all. I am often shocked at what is said - about the President, about the war. Bordering on treasonous? Yes, I think some are. And there we can agree to disagree.

And you know what really gets me? Is that the stupid politicians who are rushing to be shown on TV, and the retired military folks, and Hollywood types seem to forget that it's not only the US folks who are watching them. Their images and what they say (or shout) are shown around the world. Even in the places where there are terrorists watching and loving the fact that we're in such disagreement. 'Cause they, most certainly, do not understand the freedoms we have. And take for granted.






© Copyright 2007 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/507845-Strong-words