*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/509331-Frisbees-and-Fridays
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#509331 added May 19, 2007 at 8:05am
Restrictions: None
Frisbees and Fridays
Yeah, like I could play Frisbee. *Laugh* I just needed an f-word. No naughty thoughts now.

I mentioned that I got my Women of Faith newsletter yesterday. I found a really interesting book they were touting. It's called If It's Not One Thing, It's Your Mother.*Bigsmile* Isn't that a great title? The description says:

Either you are one or you've got one. If you fall into both columns, you've scored double in Emotional Scrabble. The incurable Momsense-Compulsive Counsel Disorder. For less than you would spend on a box of chocolate therapy, you can get yourself some honest, hilarious, southern-fried wisdom from a chick who knows what it's like on both sides of this fence. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll either need Depends or an epidural. Sorta like motherhood.


Isn't that great??? Here's the link: http://store.womenoffaith.com/wofstore/product_detail.asp?sku=9781576839935&ref=...


I was also exploring www.butyoudontlooksick.com. I love that site. Especially the spoon theory, which I know I have mentioned before. http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/2007/02/the_spoon_theory.php

They have an online store now, and some of the t-shirts are hilarious. Well, maybe not hilarious. Maybe just a bit funny. I guess it depends on whether or not you suffer from an invisible/chronic illness.

My disabling chronic illness is more real than your imaginary medical expertise.


This disease must do wonders for my appearance. Everyone keeps telling me how good I look.


If you are bored with asking me how I feel...imagine how I feel answering you.


The message board has suggestions about what to say when someone glares - or worse, comments about your health - as you exit your car that you just parked in the handicapped space.

The idiot: Tsk, tsk. You don't look handicapped.

You: And you look intelligent. I guess looks are deceiving.

Okay, that's not nice. But it is something we all think about saying.

Some others:
How sweet of you to say that. I've been so tired, I haven't bathed in three days. And I was sort of worried about going out in public looking like this. So thanks for the compliment. It's really made my day.


It's really good to know that the 4 hours it took me to get out of bed, and get ready this morning wasn't wasted!


Would a bit of vomit help? Because I'm feeling quiet nauseous.


I read in ♥Flower♥ 's blog (who has Lupus) that she is doing some books for young people about chronic illnesses. That's really great. I wish all kids could read about chronic and invisible illnesses. Maybe they wouldn't grow up being adults who make stupid comments. *Wink*


Sounds like I have a bad attitude today, doesn't it? Well...I guess Lil' Ms. Merry Sunshine has some of those days.

I told my sister recently that I would not really wish illness on anyone else, but I would like some folks to think about what it feels like to...

Have a day when you wake up with your ears burning so badly (what I refer to as my frost bitten ears) that you just want to scream. You have throbbing pains in your knees and stabbing pains in your thighs and constant aches in your back. You hands and feet itch. You feel like you're going to puke any minute. And...your brain is so fuzzy that you're not sure if you just woke up from a night's sleep or a day time nap. And yet you remain rather upbeat throughout all of that.

I was pondering about this the other day and I realized that most of the folks I have encountered with chronic illnesses have rather sunny personalities, even those who claim not to believe in God. Then I wondered what it would be like for a few of the folks that I know who are "Negative Nellies" when they are well and the sun is shining brightly. Can't you just imagine???!!!

My brother's wife was always a Negative Nelly. One time I was visiting, and when I woke up I said, "Boy it's a pretty day."

She responded, "But I see a cloud in the sky."

Me: "The kids are looking forward to our trip to Kennywood today."

Her: "Yes, and as soon as we get on the bus, they'll be complaining. And after being there for an hour or two, they'll probably be ready to leave and whining."

Sometimes I wonder how much her attitude helped him escape into a bottle... And I really cannot imagine how someone with that attitude when life is running smoothly would react to a chronic illness. Yikes.


I better go get an attitude adjustment. *Smile*I'm sure if I sit on the porch for a few minutes, soaking up some sunshine and listening to the birds while reading a few Bible verses, I'll feel better again.

Of course...it is rather cold out there...*Pthb* *Frown* *Bigsmile*

Oh yeah. One more thing. We really need to sell a few of hubby's antique player pianos. Put that on your prayer list, okay? We could surely use the money...

Another one more thing. *Bigsmile* Budroe mentioned this in his blog. Check it out. http://www.bloginspace.com

© Copyright 2007 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/509331-Frisbees-and-Fridays