*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/509472-Things-That-make-life-worth-living-2
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1254729
A compendium of my thoughts. Probably disturbing to most people.
#509472 added May 18, 2007 at 7:35pm
Restrictions: None
Things That make life worth living, #2
The second installment of things that, if you do not like them, you should probably die.

9: New places.  I don't just mean generally, like Paris or Rome or somesuch things:  I'm also referring to places like the little abandoned spots in your city that you fail to notice.  abandoned buildings, empty lots, driveways to nowhere; all places have these things or something like them.

10:  Calvin and Hobbes.  There's treasure everywhere!  I pragmatically turn my whims into principles.

11:  apples.  Woe be unto ye who eats not the fruit!  apples are awesome.  I prefer Fujis grown locally, but I was a fan of the Pink Lady strain for a long time.  there's nothing quite like the taste and texture of a good, fresh apple.

12: books.  I would not be who I am today without books.  I'll let the stories inside vouch for their value, but beyond that there's something romantic about propping yourself up on a couch in front of a fire, putting on some music, and wasting a whole evening consumed by the adventures in the pages.  my favorite book for that scenario is Don Quixote.  another romantic ideal:  a cool but sunny summer day in a park, sitting against a tree, book on knee.  feel free to turn that into a poem.  I like reading Kant's works in that scene, for no particular reason.

13:  Jarritos.  a Mexican soda.  Comes in such interesting flavors as Orange, Fruit Punch, Tamarind, and Guava.  I prefer Lime.  no matter what flavor you have, it should be sipped and it will go well with a cheese-based dish.

14:  Anime.  From the beginning with Tezuka's Astro Boy to the recent masterpiece of Kurau: Phantom Memory, Anime has delivered a hearty helping of quality material from every genre.  Even some of the most despised works, such as Urotsukidouji, are shining examples of creativity, artistry, and execution.  The best that Anime offers is some of the best media ever created.  The intricate, gripping plot of Perfect blue, the cliche-bashing (and re-enforcing) of Saiyuki, the masterful directing and execution of Kino's Journey, the sly social commentary and wit of Azumanga Daioh and Cromartie High School, anime has brilliance to please a fan of anything.  Even pornography is brought to another level in works such as Words Worth and Bathus: Tia's Radiance, where plotlines are intelligent and engaging, and the erotica brings out the true meaning of the word.  Favorite Anime so far:  Kino's Journey.

15:  These 3 Blogs.  Brainsturbator, Hump Jones, and Skilluminati Reasearch.  They are as gods among the minds of mortal men.  read them if you're in the mood for a mindfuck, because all three serve that at least twice a week.

---
"My hand is not so great that showing it would make a difference." -persuader user from Kino no Tabi.

© Copyright 2007 Commeatus (UN: commeatus at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Commeatus has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/509472-Things-That-make-life-worth-living-2