*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/509550-Sunshine-on-Saturday
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#509550 added May 19, 2007 at 8:26am
Restrictions: None
Sunshine on Saturday
....but boy is it COLD outside. Seriously. When I got up this morning, I turned on the local news and saw in the bottom corner that it said 38 degrees. Right. It can't be that cold on May 19th, can it? It can. It is. *Angry**Shock*

As I sat outside enjoying the sunshine (but not the cold), the birds were singing. But it really didn't sound like their hearts were in it. I think they're tired of the temperatures bouncing around too. *Smile*

Anyway...

Here's something my son's dad sent to me to view. He's quite a dog lover and his heart just melted at seeing this one.

Think a dog can inspire you? This one was born with no front legs and learned to walk upright on her hind legs. Her name is Faith, and she's been called The Most Amazing Dog. This clip includes a Montel show piece, so maybe you've already seen her. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLXHvBFG-CI&mode=related&search=

Yahoo! is my home page, and I always glance quickly at their headlines before going anywhere else on the net. This morning, I was surprised to find that the top story (for that moment, anyway) was about JFK's assassination.

Here's a part of the article:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Bullet analysis used to justify the lone assassin theory behind President John F. Kennedy's assassination is based on flawed evidence, according to a team of researchers including a former top FBI scientist.

Writing in the Annals of Applied Statistics, the researchers urged a reexamination of bullet fragments from the 1963 shooting in Dallas to confirm the number of bullets that struck Kennedy.

Official investigations during the 1960s concluded that Kennedy was hit by two bullets fired by Lee Harvey Oswald. But the researchers, including former FBI lab metallurgist William Tobin, said new chemical and statistical analyses of bullets from the same batch used by Oswald suggest that more than two bullets could have struck the president.

"Evidence used to rule out a second assassin is fundamentally flawed," the researchers said in their article. If the assassination (bullet) fragments are derived from three or more separate bullets, then a second assassin is likely."


For years, I read everything I could find about Kennedy's assassination. As TV shows have emerged like CSI and NCIS, I have wondered if anyone thought to re-examine the evidence collected back in 1963. We have better scientific methods for analyzing now. But..perhaps we don't really want to know what happened back then. There were so many rumors and theories flying around for years and some of them were about our own government. Perhaps we really don't want to know...


I'm off. I need to get find some garage sales in the area with furniture listings. Maybe some will have a table and chairs. If not, I did find some excellent choices at craigslist.com. Ever been there?


Bye for now.

Daisy Sig from PassItOn

© Copyright 2007 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/509550-Sunshine-on-Saturday