*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/510199-I-Finished-a-Book--Catsssss
Rated: 13+ · Book · News · #1171286
Thoughts between gasps for fresh inspiration. . .
#510199 added May 22, 2007 at 6:04am
Restrictions: None
I Finished a Book! Catsssss
Well, I'll be finished in the next six hours because the geek is coming to cure my ill computer, and the e-book's gotta be ready to send before I'm without Internet. I will actually be able to say, honestly, that I have written, and finished a book*Bigsmile*

It's a re-write of an e-book on makeup application that was originally 40 pages. It had to be clear of plagerism in the copyright aspect, so the book won't have the same words, or necessarily supporting information as the original.

It took me awhile to get inspired about working on the project, as 40 pages is a lot of material to deal with, no matter how familiar you are with the subject. I know more than when I started. I feel a bit more responsible for putting on makeup before I go out, at any rate.

There's lots of intricate details, and I need to get back to work so it's finished by 11:00 am today. I know the computer is going to leave the house. And I probably need to locate a few CDs before apointment time. I know my geek thinks I'm quite uneducated. He's on top of all the latest, so he always impresses me with something when he comes to the house.

I need to get his opinion about a new machine too. With this old and damaged hardware I'm running on the desktop, maybe I should get a notebook, just to be more portable. I'd be able to do computer stuff at Mom's and that would be an advantage. I'm concerned I'd never sit in my study at the desk if I didn't have a main desktop computer though. Traveling isn't really necessary for me yet. It would just be an advantage to be mobile. I guess that goes for everything.

My young feline "Miss Stella Wella Woo" is overdue with babies. She's so wide she's got to have lots of babies inside. It'll be her first delivery. She went into heat the same weekend as her litter-mate "Angel Bella", but only "Stells" ended up pregnant.

I don't think any in the house, but possibly my oldest cat, realizes "Stella's" delicate condition. It's been 63 days since all the howling, and consequent barking. The two dogs were busy keeping up with all the arriving male suitor kitties. It was like an old Looney Toones cat cartoon, with boy kitties walking the fence and the ally, and hanging around in the front yard. Six pets in the menagerie, and one with kits. I do keep the pet food stores busy. We have an affectionate and supportive group. Not too much food stealing goes on--just bone robbery. I've had to pull the big dogs apart over the biggest bone pile competition a few days ago. Domestic animals have their own issues and agendas.

We do have a family relationship and pecking order here at the house. The white male kitty, "Long Fella", likes to hang out with the black female German Shepherd. "Angel" and "Fella" have very similar markings, both white kitties with a touch of gold on the nose and tail. They are so beautiful, and so similar. Twins that had to be kept together. It's unusual to have 3 cats from the same litter, but they've learned lessons from the cat that was here before them ,and they know some dog rules too. We manage pretty good.

I usually have to check the collar or the tail to correctly identify which white kitty is which because sometimes just by looking at their eyes I can't tell. "Fella" was fixed, neutered, a week before his two litter mates went serious female. He's been excited about the cats visiting, but he's really confused why they don't ewant to play with him. Poor baby.

I give the animals around here a lot of credit for understanding what's going on. They really do know a lot. They never let suppertime pass without making sure I know it. And each one has their on individual way for attention and affection. "Stella's" my computer kitty. Sometimes she lays on my lap and I can feel kittens move. So special *Smile*

So "Stella's" bound to birth any day, andy hour now, and I've been saying that for a week already. When "Emily" had her one litter of kittens, she had "Larry, Curly, and Moe" as a bunch of black and white spotted fur, and then she quit birthing. She wasn't finished though as one more kitten needed to be born, and before "Emilette" was born we had to go see the vet. I have emergency vet money stashed away, for just in case.

I'm a little nervous as giving birth is quite a spectaular event, even if it is just kitties, and not me. Since I never got the opportunity to become a mama, I take special interest in having kittens. And it's going to be any time now. Every kitty I've ever had that's female, has had one litter, and then been fixed. I do know about the cat population explosion, and I may have a children's story about kittens simmering in my brain. Don't know the end of the story yet. That's what's always my problem. I've started a ton of literary works, but most of them don't get finished. I have this idea that the publication muse will appear to encourage me one day.

I found a 2 cat/small dog tent like contraption on E-Bay, and I ordered it to use as a mama and kittens house. I'm afraid she's going to end up birthing under the recliner, or inside the sofa. If animals can smell what happened before, "Stella's" bound to eventually get her kittens inside the sofa as a protected shelter/nursing home. It was the best spot for "Emily" about five years ago. We live in a different house, but the furniture's the same.

I've been setting up cul-de-sac boxes with towels and blankets all over the house. "Stella" hasn't shown any interest, but I've seen "Emily appreciating the cat hide-aways. There are so many places, but only time will tell where THE spot will be.

Poor big "Stella" lays next to me as I type. I keep hearing hear have imaginary cat contractions. No, I'm wrong. That noise is from an active dog dream. "Stella's" just laying there waiting, and me too. Except I do need to get that e-book finished with about 8 more pages of typing. Than, I can say I wrote an e-book that's published. It just won't have my name because I ghost wrote it. That's okay. Every new challenge is a step to learn a new way about something. My next challenge will probably be cat labor delivery prayers, because I know I'll feel God's presence in births.
© Copyright 2007 a Sunflower in Texas (UN: patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a Sunflower in Texas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/510199-I-Finished-a-Book--Catsssss