*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/511519-MondaySundays-Sermon-NotesForgiveness
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#511519 added May 29, 2007 at 9:12am
Restrictions: None
Monday.....Sunday's Sermon Notes.....Forgiveness
Ta-da..........sermon notes:

Part 7 of Building Character

How to Grant Grace to the Guilty

Why Grant Grace to the Guilty:

See Matthew 18:10-35. Three parables on forgiveness.


*Note5*Because I was one of the lost.(Vs. 10-14)

Matthew 18:14 NIV In the same way your Fahter in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should be lost.

Ephesians 4:32 NIV Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

God loves all of His sheep. The person with whom I am frustrated is/was one of the lost as well. I am forgiven. And so I have to forgive.

If you don't experience forgiveness, it's hard to be forgiving...

The most destructive emotions: resentment, anger, bitterness, being unforgiving...

*Note5*Because resentment doesn't work. (Vs. 15-20)

Matthew 18:15 MSG If a fellow believer hurts you, go and tell him - work it out between the two of you. If he listens, you've made a friend.

Job 5:2 NIV Resentment kills a fool.

Did you know that in Ronald Reagan's diary he mentions that he forgave John Hinckley, Jr. for trying to kill him? And that he prayed for the shooter?

*Note5*Because I'll need forgiveness in the future. (Vs. 21-35)

Matthew 18:33 NCV You should have showed mercy to that other servant, just as I showed mercy to you.

Matthew 6:14-15 NIV For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. Bue if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

Hmmm. Did you read that last line? "But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins." That's what it says. We're not often reminded of that.

Forgiveness is Not:

*Note1*Minimizing the offense.

*Note1*Instant renewal of trust.

*Note1*Restoring of a relationship without restitution.

Forgiveness is supposed to be given immediately. (We can forgive in secret.) Forgiveness is for intentional hurts (not accidental ones, or it cheapens the act of forgiveness). Forgiveness is something we do with God's help. Whether or not a relationship is restored depends on the actions of the one to whom we are offering forgiveness (and God). Just because we have forgiven, doesn't mean that a person doesn't have to do something to make things right. He/she does.

Giving Grace Happens When I:

*Note2* Admit to my own short comings.

Ecclesiastes 7:20 NLT There is not a single person in all the earth who is always good and never sins.

*Note2* Abandon my right to avenge.

Romans 12:19 TLB Dear friends, never avenge yourselves. Leave that to God, for he has said that he will repay those who deserve it.

*Note2*Allot good for evil.

Luke 6:27-28 NCV But I say to you who are listening, love your enemies. Do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who are cruel to you.

*Note2* Ascertain God's plan for my life.

Job 11:13-16 MSG Still, if you set your heart on God and reach out to him, if you scrub your hands of sin and refuse to entertain evil in your home, you'll be able to face the world unashamed and keep a firm grip on life, guiltless and fearless. You'll forget your troubles; they'll be like old, faded photographs.

Life is not fair. This is not heaven. There will always be pain on earth. It is not a place of perfection.


© Copyright 2007 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/511519-MondaySundays-Sermon-NotesForgiveness