*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/519304-Cassys-at-camp
Rated: 18+ · Book · Family · #1201314
Who am I, Where am I Going, and Where have I been? The story of my life!
#519304 added July 5, 2007 at 8:37pm
Restrictions: None
Cassy's at camp
July 5, 2007

Hope everyone had a very Happy 4th of July!

Yesterday morning, while trying to get ready to go to my sister's house to celebrate...I FINALLY ..and very suprisingly I might add, got a phoen call from the camp director letting me know that Cassy's name was on their list for this camp and that registration started at 1pm....on the 5th.

SO....instead of getting ready to go to my sister's house I started trying to get Cassy packed for camp...10 days at camp...I wasn't sure she even had enough clothes for 10 days at camp.  Cassy is a big girl...she's tall for her age and a little bit chunky..but not much...she's abuot 5'3" and weighs about 150 lbs, though she's dropped a little bit since the last time we were at the dr....ball season and playing outside for the summer instead of sitting in a desk and having to do home work in the evening will do that too you (though I can't blame it ALL on that..lol) Anyway, she's taller (yes, it's true Sis...lol) than my sister...

We did have enough clothes...just....got everything clothing wise packed, towels packed, etc. and then headed out to my sister...all while I was baking a cake thank you very much...lol. We got home just after midnight. I had to wash her sleeping bag (new from Goodwill) and her swimsuit and towel which we had taken to my sister's. It was about 1:30 when I got to bed.....was up at 7:30, to finish packing...and labeling all of her stuff...we bought all her sunscreen and bug spray etc yesterday while we were out.....She had a big suitcase, her sleeping bag and a duffel bag-takes a lot to stay away for 10 days (her pillow and blankets are in the duffel bag for now...will be used for dirty clothes (that's MY goal anyway..lol) And we left at about 10:30 this morning...luckily my husband took the day off...but I also had Jamie and 2 of the kids I babysit with us (JOY OH JOY).

Drop off was a mess-a long line and they hadn't gotten most of her forms-so I had to fill out new ones..yippy...we had trouble finding the darn place and ...it was just difficult because her other camp we could take her to her cabin and get her settled...this one...you drop them at the main pavillion and they and their belongings are taken a few at a time to their cabins....scary for us as we just had to leave her...waiting for trnasport by her 10 year old lonely self...she was ok for the most part-told us she loved us...and goodbye mom...lol...but woudl've been happier too I think if we'd have been able to take her to her cabin and meet her counselor.....but most of these kids are brought by van from around the state....with volunteers..and their parents don't even see the camp...she was definitely in the minority there....

Still...we did ok...nervous yes..but I know she's in God's hands..and this is a Salvation Army camp...i.t's a Christian organization...it's also funded through the United Way..so I'm sure there are very strict guidelines....(ok people..now is the time to encourage me and make me feel better...this is my baby!!!)

I don't give up control of my children easily. She's been to camp before...2 different years....and last year was easier than the year before...but this is new and the communication has been slim....I prayed that if God wanted her to go to this camp they would call and verify she was on the list...because I coudln't just go without it...and I've prayed He will use this time to grow her closer to Him...and I've prayed and will continue to for her safety and enjoyment....I know they'll call if something major is long (worry a bit about the asthma too) I'll be ok once I get a letter from her telling me she's having fun.....at least I was the first year.  So we shall see.lol...pray for her, pray for me...so many changes going on...I want this for her..I love camp, she loves camp...looks so forward to going and usually has a BALL...new camp, new nerves. She goes to church camp 2 weeks after coming back from this one..and it's a new one too...we did a different one the last 2 years..but this one offers more and that includes horseback riding....(the one in 3ish weeks.) Won't be long after that that we start back to school...egads!

Ok...gonna go...you'll probably get lots of entries from me this week...lol...

Will check in soon
hugs and blessings
Vicky

© Copyright 2007 hoosiermomma2 (UN: hoosiermomma2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
hoosiermomma2 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/519304-Cassys-at-camp